Homemade Kind Bars

Options
MaryJane_8810002
MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
Im having trouble eating nuts right now but I thought I would share this recipe because I know how expensive Kind bars can get. I don't know the nutrition information but if you plug it in to the recipes section on MFP you can get it there.

tumblr_n5mygmqpJr1ro9rq7o1_500.jpg
tumblr_n5mygmqpJr1ro9rq7o2_500.jpg

3/4 cup almonds, raw and unsalted
1/3 cup walnuts, raw and unsalted
1/4 cup brazil nuts, raw and unsalted
1/3 cup roasted and salted peanuts
1/4 cup puffed rice cereal (or other puffed grain cereal)
1/2 tablespoon flaxseed meal
1/4 cup dried blueberries
3 tablespoons honey
3 tablespoons brown rice syrup
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon sea salt

INSTRUCTIONS
preheat the oven to 350°f. spray a large bowl and a spatula with baking spray, and line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper.
arrange the almonds, walnuts, and brazil nuts in a single layer on a baking sheet. bake them in the oven until they get toasted and fragrant, about 10 minutes.
coarsely chop the toasted nuts and the peanuts, and put them all in the prepared bowl. add the cereal, flaxseed meal, and dried blueberries and mix it all together.
put the honey and brown rice syrup in a medium saucepan. clip on a candy thermometer and heat the mixture over medium-high heat until it reaches 260°f. quickly add the vanilla, then pour the mixture over the nut mixture and stir to combine.
pour the mixture into the prepared baking pan. using the greased bottom of a measuring cup, press the mixture into the pan so that it is even. let the pan sit at room temperature for about 20 minutes.
once the mixture has set, take it out of the pan and cut it into 10 bars.
NOTES
to store these, i recommend wrapping them individually in plastic wrap. if you don't they'll get a little sticky.

Replies