Carbs and Calories

Options
Cloudborn
Cloudborn Posts: 43 Member
Alright so basically I've been doing this diet for around 3 weeks now and I have seen some results (lost 0.9kg) and then some setbacks (gained 1kg back). I have been 100% honest about my logs so there has to be somewhere I'm going wrong.

I'm 5'2 (157cm) and currently weigh 79.9kg. MFP set me 1200 calories and 150 carbs. I've had no problems with the calories, often staying under them and not feeling hungry, however today I noticed my cabs were red.

http://imgur.com/pp7mx7z

Am I meant to be on this amount of calories/carbs or am I doing something wrong? I dont expect miracles, I guess id be quite happy with 1lbs weight loss a week, I just don't really understand why I gained back what I lost.

I have made my diary open to the public if anyone can look through it and tell me what I could be doing wrong I would appreciate it!

Replies

• skutnikj
    skutnikj Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    First congrats on making the journey.... Second if you look at It as a diet, as opposed to eating healthy for life you may be setting yourself up for failure longer term. I had a look at several days of your meals, and I am a bit worries that you seem to have a lot of processed foods and very little fruits and vegetables.... I would highly recommend making sure you are eating enough fruits and vegetables daily.
  • rachaelgoslan
    Options
    Hi hunni, try introducing some healthy veggie smoothies that are high in protein. A favourite of mine after a workout is a fresh spinach and banana with cucumber and avocado , sound nasty but it actually tastes really good and makes sure your getting some veg and fruit into your diet. The carb thing try introducing wholegrain and ditching the white everything...No white rice, pasta, bread etc, I did it and will never go back :). Private message me if your wanting any further advice xx
  • Cloudborn
    Cloudborn Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your advice guys. Concerning fresh veggies, does it matter since they are in the sainsburys good for you meals? The meals are tasty and good for you so how does my adding more veggies accomplish anything but add more calories?

I guess I don't really understand this eating healthy concept yet..