10-15 lbs in 4 weeks

PamL68
PamL68 Posts: 4 Member
Going to Vegas and San Diego in a month

Ok here's my plan
55 minute Boot camp class M-W-F
60 minute cardio/kickboxing class T&Th
1200 calorie diet.

I think I can do it and I will be eating well AND gaining muscle instead of just a fast weight loss by starving.
Thoughts/ideas??

Replies

• PamL68
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member

Ok here's my plan
    1200 calorie diet.

I think I can do it and I will be eating well AND gaining muscle instead of just a fast weight loss by starving.
    Thoughts/ideas??

You won't any significant amount of muscle with this plan.

You may lose 10lbs, but it won't necessarily be fat. A good portion of it may be water weight which will come roaring back your first good meal on your trip. Plus, you will likely end up bloating when you introduce food you have restricted for the past few weeks back in.

Eat a sensible deficit, work out and go as you are then.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member

Ok here's my plan
    1200 calorie diet.

Thoughts/ideas??

You may lose 10lbs, but it won't necessarily be fat. A good portion of it may be water weight which will come roaring back your first good meal on your trip. Plus, you will likely end up bloating when you introduce food you have restricted for the past few weeks back in.

Definitely not gaining muscle on 1200 cals.

Do the workouts, eat the proper amount of food (if you're following MFP, that means eat back your exercise cals, especially with a goal of 1200 a day which is bare minimum), drink water, take a rest day each week and get good sleep. You'll make some progress and be better than you were before you started. You may not have lost 10-15lbs, but you will have made progress.
  • 3dogsrunning

Ok here's my plan
    1200 calorie diet.

Thoughts/ideas??

Definitely not gaining muscle on 1200 cals.

Do the workouts, eat the proper amount of food (if you're following MFP, that means eat back your exercise cals, especially with a goal of 1200 a day which is bare minimum), drink water, take a rest day each week and get good sleep. You'll make some progress and be better than you were before you started. You may not have lost 10-15lbs, but you will have made progress.

I worded it that way to avoid any arguments about newbie gains, etc.
  • PamL68
    I do eat sensible and will be gaining muscle when I am working my *kitten* off 5 days a weeks. I will continue the plan after the 4 weeks also.
  • 3dogsrunning
    I do eat sensible and will be gaining muscle when I am working my *kitten* off 5 days a weeks. I will continue the plan after the 4 weeks also.

Then why ask?

To gain muscle you need to eat at a calorie surplus, which you are not, and progressively overload the muscles, which you may be doing at this point but likely will not continue with the program as laid out.
    You will not gain any muscle at 1200 calories a day and tons of cardio.