Mom of 2 - 28 yrs old. Need friends and motivation!

Options
dolly3186
dolly3186 Posts: 81 Member
Hi everyone,

This is my second go-round on MFP. I have two kids, ages 3 and 4. Right after I delivered my second child, I was 214 pounds. I got down to about 175 within a year about.

My body loses weight extremely slowly. My whole family is overweight. It's very easy for me to gain weight, very hard for me to lose it. I struggled and was at 175 for six months. After that and over the past few years my weight has crept back up. I'm hovering around 200 lbs now.

I've been very unmotivated lately and eating crap food. I lose weight easiest for me when I'm tracking all my food and making sure I get in exercise.

I'm hoping to make new friends on here who can motivate me and keep me on track. I'd like to get down to about 150 or 160, I would be happy with that. (I'm 5'5 tall.)

My three-year old son also was diagnosed with autism a year ago, and all the stress from that led me to overeat as well. I would appreciate any kind words of support or encouragement. :) Thanks!!

Replies

• DeterminedMonica
    Options
    We have things in common. Supportive and motivational friends are so important.
  • Ropi2004
    Ropi2004 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I also have been unmotivated and I have the biggest motivation right in front of my face. I haven't been under 200 pounds since high school. My dr says that my hormones play a huge part in me not being able to lose weight. I recently had a son he'll be six months in 2 weeks, and being a single mom I want to keep up with him!

I'm sure everything will work out and I completely understand stress. Stress is one of my biggest problems with losing weight.

I just tell myself to try not to beat myself up and that I'm doing it for the most important thing in my life. Without me here my son wouldn't have anyone and I need to stay healthy for him. Also, I don't want him to go through the same weight problems that I went through, so for him I want to know how to make sure he understands how to be healthy.

God gives us only what we can handle and he must feel that you are a very strong woman.
  • SlimPossible8
    SlimPossible8 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Add me! New mom of 1 boy 12 weeks post partum.
  • leeann788
    leeann788 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hey feel free to add me, anyone! I`m a mom to two as well, always good to have friends for motivation! :)
  • dolly3186
    dolly3186 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I also have been unmotivated and I have the biggest motivation right in front of my face. I haven't been under 200 pounds since high school. My dr says that my hormones play a huge part in me not being able to lose weight. I recently had a son he'll be six months in 2 weeks, and being a single mom I want to keep up with him!

I'm sure everything will work out and I completely understand stress. Stress is one of my biggest problems with losing weight.

I just tell myself to try not to beat myself up and that I'm doing it for the most important thing in my life. Without me here my son wouldn't have anyone and I need to stay healthy for him. Also, I don't want him to go through the same weight problems that I went through, so for him I want to know how to make sure he understands how to be healthy.

God gives us only what we can handle and he must feel that you are a very strong woman.

Thank you! I want to be healthy for my kids as well. :)
  • Kari_1927
    Kari_1927 Posts: 16
    Options
    Hi :smile:

I am a mother of two also.. My kids are 3 and 5.

Ever since my youngest was born I've been around 175 - 180, and currently 175. I want to get to 145..

Welcome! We can support each other, We can and will get to our goals!
  • Kimmerz020202
    Kimmerz020202 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I understand your frustration. You're in the right place and getting started is the hardest part. Feel free to add me as a friend. I have been using MFP religiously since January 2014 and it is really helping me stay on track. Support from friends really helps, too. I track everything honestly and if I go over my goal of 1200 calories a day, I try to quit eating. Or crank up the exercise. It has taken me two years, but have lost 54 lbs. so far. Keep the faith :flowerforyou: