Looking for some friends

Options
rkalin779
rkalin779 Posts: 14 Member
I am 38 years old and starting this journey (seriously) for the second time in my life. I need to lose about 70 pounds. I have a wonderful husband and 6 kiddos (2 biological and 4 step) that support me but can't truly relate. My husband is at a healthy weight and my girls (19,17) are blessed with their dad's genes in the weight department. I hate to say step kids because they really are mine. I tell them they are the kids of my heart and I just might like them a little better since they didn't give me stretch marks. They are very supportive too. My stepson accompanies me on my walks/jogs and hiking...I call him my coach or purse depending on if he is wearing pants with pockets. :) Five of my kids are teenagers and since I have the willpower not to kill them or seriously maim them I figure I can find the willpower to lose weight.

I say I decided to start this journey again, but really I have been slapped upside the head with reality of my weight. My dad is in hospice care for obesity, COPD, congestive heart failure, and emphysema. I remember about four months ago sitting down talking to him and watching him struggle and remembering when he used to be Superman and it made me sad. It also made me realize that I was looking at my future self if I didn't get it together. I dumped cigarettes that week, on my ecig and just stepped down to 12mg nicotine from 18mg, started at 24 mg. Now that I am over 4 months into no smoking and don't feel like a crazy lunatic eating machine like I did when I quit cold turkey 2 years before I have moved on to step two....weight loss. I lost 30 pounds last year with phenteramine and maintained through the initial quit. Now I need to get the ball rolling again without a drug that will mess up my heart. I realized if I don't learn how to eat right this will never work.

So with all of that being said....who wants to be friends I could really use some that can relate.

Replies

• beckyjeanleemaddox
    beckyjeanleemaddox Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Me!!! I have 59 more to lose so we are close in how much we need to lose. I log in daily and I'm encouraging.
  • KristenCook2
    KristenCook2 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm 38 and have about 100 lbs to lose. I'm on and off the site all day long and try to give as much support as possible. You can do this!!!!
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    All friends welcome :)
  • MinervaShine
    Options
    Hi
    I'm a similar age, have a similar amount to lose, and can certainly relate lol...........Please feel free to add me :)
  • Earthgirl51
    Earthgirl51 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I am 42. I have two boys 11 and 16. I quit smoking in December. I have 80 to 90 pounds to go. Feel free to add me. I usually check in about every two hours or so. I find it keeps me more focused when I do. Since you have a house full of teenagers, you should be able to face this down, no problem!!!! I will root for you.
  • rdeljevi
    rdeljevi Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi - I just started this new journey last week. I have not totaled it up until this moment, but I want to get to 165, at least. How much I weighed when I got married. I guess I need to lose 70 pounds too. Yights. I have no friends yet on this site, so if I can help, let me know. Maybe you can help me too? Ruth
  • DnTeegen
    DnTeegen Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 33 and have two boys. I have quite a bit to lose and am also looking for friendly motivation!
  • tryett
    tryett Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Y'all can add me too. I have a long way to go and log in every day.
  • rkalin779
    rkalin779 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You guys are awesome!! I have added everyone so far. I look forward to taking this journey with all of you!! Wooo....LET'S GO!!
  • emzypemzy93
    emzypemzy93 Posts: 185
    Options
    I've got about 60 pounds to lose! I try my best to be as encouraging as I can and I log in daily!
  • wholt9
    wholt9 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I also stopped smoking for the ecig, I just got down to zero nicotine and you feel so much better. You can also add me, I know your struggle.
  • trblock
    trblock Posts: 4
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am just starting on my journey with 100# to lose so I will be around for some time! Love to encourage you anyway I could...
  • SEAFOODMAN
    SEAFOODMAN Posts: 342
    Options
    add me if you please.......just be good friends lol.......