Any thoughts !!!! Anyone

kp1439
kp1439 Posts: 343 Member
i done messed up ... and now i feel bad .. last year during my physical my Doc told me i am borderline on cholesterol and borderline diabetic. and i need to control those to stay healthy. but seems like i did nothing to improve and messed up now. have to go see my doc tomorrow to get med for both cholesterol and diabetes now. :( ... so here i am back again and hope will stay on it from now on and take better care of myself. i wonder if i can work on and and get off the med in future or do i will have to take them for rest of my life.

Replies

• If you're serious about making a change, maybe you could ask the doctor to retest you (after being on the meds) in 6 months, and see if your numbers justify a lower dosage or going off of it/them. If you're not willing to do the work, then there is a good chance you will be on the meds for the rest of your life. Again, that will be between you and your doctor, though.
  • You can do it :smile:
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,042 Member
    Many people have found type 2 diabetes and cholesterol by improving their health and lifestyle, you are very far from alone, and you are not a lost cause! Just remember to be practical, reasonable and to remember that this is for life, not a crash diet :)
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Yup... You messed up.

But good news is... You, and ONLY YOU... Can change/reverse this! Make the needed lifestyle changes, stick to it, and you will be off the meds. But... It's up to YOU!!! :heart:
  • marleebreunig
    marleebreunig Posts: 2 Member
    Sometimes they will send you to a nutritionist. Once you start a statin we'll ask your doctor but coming off those can cause strokes and such. If you can get immediate help and improve right now then maybe a lifetime of using meds can be avoided. Seek help now and check in with your doctor in 30 to 60 days. If you make the food and diet changes you will be glad. To see him to show off your progress.
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    I was taken off my diabetes medications that I have been on for more than 10 years. It can be done
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    You know you need to make changes and that is the first step IMO. Talk to your doctor and make a promise to yourself that you won't be posting the same thing a year from now.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Was on high blood pressure meds for a few years. Lost from 344 to 225 and no longer require them. The good news is that many times these things are reversible BUT do deal with this quickly. Particularly the diabetes tends to complicate efforts to drop weight by making skin breakdowns and meal timings more of an issue. Best wishes on making this life change. :happy: