How to delete food?

Options
I'm in Food Diary page, how to delete added meals to my food list?
list is only getting bigger and I don't need some of those meals so I want to remove them.

Thanks

Replies

• TonyPillz
    TonyPillz Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    The red button , i know everyone says don't push the little red button! But this is where you need to push the little red button!

=0
  • Yagisama
    Yagisama Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I think he means deleting from recent, frequent, etc. I don't know the answer to that but would be interested to know if its possible. I got a bunch of old foods that I no longer use.
  • tono155
    tono155 Posts: 4
    Options
    I think he means deleting from recent, frequent, etc. I don't know the answer to that but would be interested to know if its possible. I got a bunch of old foods that I no longer use.

Yes that's the one, I have no idea how to delete those..
  • Yagisama
    Options
    I'm pretty sure it's not possible, but would love to be proven wrong.
  • mbmillr
    mbmillr Posts: 28
    Options
    Written in another thread...

Hi,

You can edit any food you have personally added to your database, and you can delete personal foods, as well, provided you have not shared them with the public database. Here's how.

On the Web

Click on the "Food" tab, then click "My Foods." Search for the food you'd like to edit or delete, then click on that item in the search results. Finally, click on the "Edit" or "Delete" button to make modifications to your food.

In our Mobile apps

To edit a personal food, visit the "More" page of the application ("Settings" on Android), then select "Edit Foods & Exercises” then "My Foods”. Select a food item in that list to edit the details.

To delete a personal food from that list:

iPad, iPhone or Android users, tap the circular red button next to the food, then tap "Delete."

Windows Phone users, press and hold a food item, then tap "Delete" in the menu that appears.

BlackBerry users, select a food and press the Menu key, then choose the delete option from the list.

We hope this helps.

Cheers,
    Scott
    MyFitnessPal Staff
  • Yagisama
    Options
    I've seen that, but it doesn't answer what I want to do. I want to delete the items in the recent or frequent tabs. NOT the "my foods ones."

Like these:

PXbPfAu.png
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    They will go away on their own as they are replaced by new foods you eat recently or frequently.

If that's why you are asking you don't need to do anything.

If you are trying to hide them for some reason, may I ask why?

There is a setting in profiles where you can choose which one shows up as your first tab by default. In case you are trying to hide certain foods from yourself or someone. Like brownies from yourself or "Hooters, Fried Pickles" from your wife. Or "Nine inch banana" from your husband. :wink:
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    You can't.
  • pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Hit the red button. And re log if needed by portion size. You can adjust.
    1 oz instead of 3. 1 T instead of 2 , etc.
    Good luck. :)
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I'm in Food Diary page, how to delete added meals to my food list?
    list is only getting bigger and I don't need some of those meals so I want to remove them.

Thanks

In the web you can delete foods from the FREQUENT page (only one page available), but you can not delete foods from the RECENT page. It is something that we have been asking for few years, but our requests have fallen into a bottom less pit

I don't know if you can do the same thing with the app, because I don't have it in my phone.