How to get motivated again?

Options
Cby60
Cby60 Posts: 38 Member
I have been working hard at calorie counting and exercise for quite a few weeks and felt great! I was happy and had lots of energy and was losing weight and feeling stronger. This past week I lost all my motivation, didn't exercise and started eating more. The scale has started to creep upwards and I wonder how people can keep motivated and inspired to get in shape? The weeks I felt great all I thought about was eating less, exercising more, and all I read or watched was related to losing weight and getting fit. How do you keep motivated while getting on with the rest of your life?

Replies

• breeezy1030
    breeezy1030 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what u mean I am experiencing the same thing and its so discouraging. I was doing well also, losing weight, starting to enjoy exercise and learning so much. Then somehow I took a break for a weekend getaway and couldnt get back on track when the weekend ended. I am getting my *kitten* back on point now and since I had success before at least I know it is possible. But the ****ty part is that I gained all my weight back, all 28 lbs. But its good, I got this. I was so proud of myself and felt great befire, I want that back. The only other option is to say **** it and just accept being totally unhappy with myself. And I cant just do that. Lets get our MOJO back...as im writing this Im realizing that its all in my mind. Theres no mystert as to how to get motivated. Its all based on how much we want it. Good Luck my friend and Thanks for helping to open my eyes with your comment.
  • jessical_otoole
    Options
    This is going to sound horrible, but eat a lot of junk food. I ate so much junk food two weeks ago that I felt sick and was ready to change. You might gain 10lbs, but it worked for me.
  • getlean414
    getlean414 Posts: 27
    Options
    Just DO IT! As Nike would say lol. But really, you just have to do it, and eventually you'll get that fire back for your motivation! :smile:
  • Cby60
    Cby60 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thanks all...my husband also encouraged me to go out and rollerblade again and even though I "wasn't in the mood" , I gave it a try and went for an hour. It felt good. I then measured out my popcorn and butter to stay within my calories so I'm hoping this is a turn for the better.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Just DO IT! As Nike would say lol. But really, you just have to do it, and eventually you'll get that fire back for your motivation! :smile:

Is it OK if I use your pic for motivation? You look awesome! I would like to print it out to push myself to work harder when I don't feel like going anymore.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    This is going to sound horrible, but eat a lot of junk food. I ate so much junk food two weeks ago that I felt sick and was ready to change. You might gain 10lbs, but it worked for me.

You're right. That does sound horrible. What if you skip that step and just start eating within your calorie goal. If it's important to you then you'll do it.

http://youtu.be/lsSC2vx7zFQ