I refuse to be fat at 50

Options
7fatcats
7fatcats Posts: 9 Member
I am 49 and facing less than a year before I don't want to be fat at 50. Really would love to have some buddies along the way

I lost a ton of weight when I was ill, and promptly put the lot back on when I got better. Along the way I chucked ALL my clothes, bought size 12s and now have nothing to wear. I figure buying a load more big clothes is possibly not the right response to this dilemma.

I am amazed at how active this forum is, had no idea!

Please feel free to add me as a friend, would love others to add
X

Replies

• startingover72
    startingover72 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I've just joined today.

Friend request sent!
  • cjhampton
    cjhampton Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi,

I have the exact same sentiment! I have less than a year also until 50!. When I turned 40 I had the same goal and lost enough weight to feel good. Over the last decade I have put it all back on, plus more!

Decide last night it is time to change!

I sure could use some support along the way.

:-)
    Cathy
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    I was 48 when I saw the light. I am 49 now. Let me just say ... that it is possible. I will be much better by 50.

Just get started on your way to Nirvana .. it feels so good.

Good luck .. you can get there. ;-)
  • 7fatcats
    7fatcats Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    What a nice friendly bunch!
  • fatmamaruns
    fatmamaruns Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm turning 50 this summer and though I won't be to my goal by then, I hope to be at least half way there! I'll send all of you add requests. I'd love to have more MFP friends that are close to my age. The weight loss is definitely slower than when I was young but the important thing is it IS coming off. We can do this!
  • skylarlovessoftball
    Options
    I will also be 50 in less than a year and do not want to be fat at 50. I understand.
  • Yagisama
    Yagisama Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I too have lots of clothes that no longer fit, and I refuse to buy more larger clothes. :tongue:

However, it's been only three months since I started to get back in shape and some of my clothes are starting to fit already.

If you start now and just take it step by step, I have no doubt you will be in great shape by 50!

I will send a friend request. :)
  • Anonycatgirl
    Anonycatgirl Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I had much the same motivation--and I just turned fifty in much better shape than I'd been just a few months before, so it can work for you too. Just sent a friends' request, since it seems we have a bit in common.
  • peejhunt
    peejhunt Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Less than three years to 50. I don't want to be fat any longer! By 50 I want to be off the diabetes meds! I'm with ya!

Paul
  • Ciws70
    Ciws70 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Same motivation - turning 45 next year. Will send friend requests too - so glad to meet you all! :)
  • TiberiusClaudis
    TiberiusClaudis Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Count me in the group. I was 46 when I saw the light and became reborn. Lost 60lbs in 4 months. I'm 48 years old now. The weights been off 2 years and 3 months..and keeps coming off. Bucket List was to get below 10%BF. Checked that off last week.

Do it now while you still can!
  • dollforlife
    dollforlife Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi there...I'll be 49 this November and I'm in a very similar situation. Would love more support and to offer support. I've sent a friend request.