70lbs gone! With pics!

Options
SamMorBelsmom
SamMorBelsmom Posts: 164 Member
I'll make this short and sweet. After 3 kids in 5 years, I was in rough shape at 26 years old. I was 270 lbs when I decided enough was enough. No more excuses. I was done feeling sorry for my self. I work out any way I can because SOMETHING is better than NOTHING. I also stay in my calories as often as possible, I save alcohol for special occasions, and I do it because I CAN NOT go back to THIS.
Im the one on the right.
28aqo43.jpg

13 months later, through lots of tears (more than I am willing to admit), and break downs (at least once a week I have to remind myself why I was "torturing" my self) and cheat days (GOD knows that you will have them) here I am at 200lbs. The trick to cheats days and binge days is picking yourself up the next day and not doing it again for a bit. I was able to figure out that if I saved my cheat days for my monthly schedule, I tended to get through that period much better because it was schedule and I could play to have nothing in the house or buy healthier cheat foods.

Through cursing out Jillian Michaels, 3 months of tennis elbow therapy, two pairs of running shoes, going from barely holding a plank to up to 4 minutes, sweating though another Billy Banks dvd, I am happy to announce that I have weighed 200 lbs for the past 4 days so I figured I was safe to post it. I have three kids under five, if I can do it, YOU can do it. You log, you loose it. IT IS THAT SIMPLE. You will lose weight without working out, but it is much easier if you do, and you can sexy muscles at the same time.
I am the one the left.
jakpdf.jpg

Replies

• teneilfedy1
    Options
    Oh great! congratulations.
  • lucful
    lucful Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Great work chica :smile:
  • mxmkenney
    mxmkenney Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    You look great! It looks like you've lost more than 70 lbs, and you look so much healthier - you are positively glowing!

I am a mother of 4 so I can totally relate. Good for you for taking control of your life and just doing it. Like you said, all you gotta do is log your calories, exercise when and however you can, and pick yourself up when you fall off the wagon. Thanks for the inspiration and motivation! Friend request coming your way!
  • tmyers541
    tmyers541 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    You're looking amazing, great job!
  • skiextrm
    skiextrm Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job!! You are so pretty and you look so happy! Love it!! Congrats
  • Sara2652
    Sara2652 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • sw33tp3a11
    sw33tp3a11 Posts: 4,646 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story. It reassures me that it can be done. Congrats on your successful weigh loss journey.:flowerforyou:
  • trmatthewsphatgirl
    trmatthewsphatgirl Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!!! You are a inspiration because I have been going through it being 221 lb and trying to get under 200 lbs
  • CrazyC
    CrazyC Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    U rock, girl! High five! WTG! Congrats on a job well done, hon. :bigsmile: :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • SamMorBelsmom
    SamMorBelsmom Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    PS. I know my ticker says only 59 lbs, but I didn't start MFP till I had already dropped 10lbs.
  • waynewillis212
    Options
    What an amazing achievement! :smile:
  • boatsie77
    boatsie77 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Look at you rockin' that red dress!!! Well done!!
  • TiberiusClaudis
    TiberiusClaudis Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Outstanding! Way to go! :drinker:
  • lanskies
    lanskies Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You look gorgeous!
  • vasairiah
    vasairiah Posts: 5,187 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! You are beautiful!!
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    excellent job, you are so pretty
  • MrsSausage58
    MrsSausage58 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing. You should be SO proud of yourself! :flowerforyou:
  • deannc1
    deannc1 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'll make this short and sweet. After 3 kids in 5 years, I was in rough shape at 26 years old. I was 270 lbs when I decided enough was enough. No more excuses. I was done feeling sorry for my self. I work out any way I can because SOMETHING is better than NOTHING. I also stay in my calories as often as possible, I save alcohol for special occasions, and I do it because I CAN NOT go back to THIS.
    Im the one on the right.
    28aqo43.jpg

13 months later, through lots of tears (more than I am willing to admit), and break downs (at least once a week I have to remind myself why I was "torturing" my self) and cheat days (GOD knows that you will have them) here I am at 200lbs. The trick to cheats days and binge days is picking yourself up the next day and not doing it again for a bit. I was able to figure out that if I saved my cheat days for my monthly schedule, I tended to get through that period much better because it was schedule and I could play to have nothing in the house or buy healthier cheat foods.

Through cursing out Jillian Michaels, 3 months of tennis elbow therapy, two pairs of running shoes, going from barely holding a plank to up to 4 minutes, sweating though another Billy Banks dvd, I am happy to announce that I have weighed 200 lbs for the past 4 days so I figured I was safe to post it. I have three kids under five, if I can do it, YOU can do it. You log, you loose it. IT IS THAT SIMPLE. You will lose weight without working out, but it is much easier if you do, and you can sexy muscles at the same time.
    I am the one the left.
    jakpdf.jpg

You look fantastic! Thank you for writing this encouraging post, it really helps to know I'm not the only one swearing at Jillian Michaels! :happy:
  • wyllden
    wyllden Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Well done, you look really great and after a few weeks of slipping, success stories like yours are just what I need to hear!

Congratulations!
  • losingit39
    losingit39 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    YOU Rock!!:flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!