Hi today is the first day

Options
I'm aiming for 80 pounds. I am 57 years old and wanting to do an exercise program of walking. does anyone here know how much I should implement that in my routine. after I'm down about 20 pounds I'd add other things as well, as biking and aerobics. I feel so out of tune to my true nature but trying by faith to get in tune again. I do need support cause I feel I have a family that is so wound up with their things that I do not have anyone to talk to about losing weight. any suggestions?

Replies

• beckyjeanleemaddox
    beckyjeanleemaddox Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    My suggestion is to walk for exercise. The Leslie Sansone walk away the lbs is real good. The CD's vary in intensity. You can go up to 5 miles. I did a 3 mile walk tonight and It kicked my but. Log in every day no matter what. If you go over on calories. still log in. Set your Calories according to how much you want to lose and try to stick to it. I weigh my food. I bought a digital food scale. Just stick to it day after day and you'll lose the weight. I have 59 lbs to go. Good Luck. I'm 57 and have lost 25 lbs. I set small goals in 10 lb increments. I celebrate everytime I lose 10 lbs.
  • arene0717
    arene0717 Posts: 14
    Options
    You should set new goals each week as far as exercise/walking is concerned. For example start off walking 2 days a week and then 3 the next, etc. go at your own pace. Some type of cardio is better than no exercise. The weight will start to fall off with proper nutrition. ????
  • airdale8263
    airdale8263 Posts: 2,155 Member
    Options
    If you have not exercised for a while I suggest you start slow. If you can do 30 minutes of walking at least 4 times a week that is a start. That is how I started. I was eventually able (even with bad knees and hip) to walk 30 minutes a day, sometimes 45 minutes. I did the same process on the stationary bike, except on the bike I started at level 6 and finally worked my way up to level 9 for 45 minutes or longer.
    As becky mentioned make mini goals. I did the same as she is doing...set goals at 10 lbs marks. Do not put a date that you want to lose the 10 lbs but celebrate when you do.
    I have lost over 90 lbs using that method and since my hip has been replaced I am back to using that "process" to lose some weight I have put back on due to lack of exercise.
    Be happy to support you in your weight lose..friend request??