I ate beyond my caloric limit. what to do?

Options
Hi! I just want to ask the member's out about your opinion.
I ate beyond y caloric limit like about 300 is it right to burn these extra calories by exercising more like ding cardio?

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Sure. People often exercise to earn more calories for some extras to spend.
  • fightkickwin85
    fightkickwin85 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    this helps a lot! Thank you so much
  • JasonKnight85
    JasonKnight85 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    What I usually recommend is just to forgot about a bad day, and move on. Get back on track, be in control, and stick to your deficit. 300 calories though isn't an OMG I messed up beyond all hope amount, and depending on your body makeup and determination you can easily get that back by doing a little exercise.

My outlook is this... Exercise to eat more, that is how I plan my day... if something happens and I have to skip a meal, or miss out on exercise (either going too high or low calorie wise) I just forget about that day, and move on. No need to stress over one day, just do your best cause tomorrow can always be a better day.

If I end up losing too much throughout the week, I tend to have a cheat day or two the next to make up for it. Weight loss isn't linear, it comes in highs and lows... don't always expect to see results, especially on a scale. Nothing to stress about. Stay positive!
  • fightkickwin85
    fightkickwin85 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I really appreciate the reply. this really motivated me. Thank you again
  • vickyreelgood
    Options
    I measure in kilojoules and had 2 days I was over by 1000 this week the rest I was pretty much even and I managed to loose 2 kg I only do 3 hrs mod exercise walking my dog over the week and didn't increase it. Chill and move on if you stress about every little hicough you will have too much trouble making this a lifestyle change. Be nice to yourself, it's hard when someone is being mean to you all the time
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    Well there's a few things you can do.. You can firstly either,

- Forget about it, tomorrow's a new day, it's happened once it isn't going to make a huge difference. Or,

- Go to gym and work off those 300 calories. Or,

- Stress about it even though it's not that big a deal for it happening once off.
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    You could burn it off if it bothers you too much. Some people set weekly calorie goals, instead of daily ones, so maybe you could adjust those 300 in the rest of the week such that you meet your weekly calorie goal. But 300 cals isn't going to make much of a difference, so forgetting about it and doing better tomorrow would work as well.