Exercise options ...

Options
I want to start exercising slowly (haven't in a while) any tips? I do get palpitations (no biggy but just putting it out there). Any suggestions?

I can't afford a gym membership (just fyi)

Replies

• MichelleFirestone
    MichelleFirestone Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I started out, just by walking twice a day, for 15 min, and slowly increased my speed.
    but its really cold outside.

maybe walking in the house. if you have the wii, they have a step game. or on a treadmill.
    and comcast and direct tv both have fitness channels.
  • JuicyJBaby3
    JuicyJBaby3 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I agree walking is your best option. It doesn’t have to be vigorous. Just a simple stroll will jumpstart your body and metabolism. Also games such as the Wii or Kniect.... and my favorite dancing!!

Good luck!!
  • Sigra
    Sigra Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Netflix, 7.99$ if you don't have it, as a pretty big selection of at-home activities you can participate in.

If you have a Wii, X-Box or PS3 you can get EA Active Sports 2 or Zuma
  • rainbobrite929
    Options
    I don't have netflix (or comcast or direct tv). I do have Verizon Fios though. I wonder if they have a fitness channel. I have a couple of DVD too I've been trying to get back into the swing of doing but they are hard (Biggest Loser Bootcamp etc).
  • mom2alexandmatt
    Options
    I have just started exercising again after a long time off. I know you said you don't have On Demand (Comcast) but I found some good walking programs on there. Maybe even check your library for DVDs. The ones I have been doing are Leslie Sansone's walking programs. THey are very easy to follow, no fancy steps, and just get your heart pumping. I think this is a good place to start for me because I want to start with mostly all cardio. Maybe it would work for you too! Good luck! :happy:
  • getinshapesarah
    Options
    walk walk walk.. you dont have to commit an hour to it at first, you can take 3 to 4 10 minute walks in a day, just make sure you are getting your heart rate up to that training level.
    look up the karvonen method if you want the exact formula.
    but its pretty simple to know when you are pushing yourself just enough.
    i know it may be boring, but its a great start that could turn into something even better
    good luck to you
  • breasmom
    breasmom Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have the Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds DVD's. They are perfect for in home walking :smile:
  • rainbobrite929
    Options
    You know ... I actually DO have walk away the pounds. I'll have to start on that again! Thanks :)