SBF Fitness Challenge. . .Aug 14

Options
Greetings all!

Yesterday I couldn't stop watching the (recording of) mens gymnastics, so I walked for an hour. Also went to yoga and weights class. Looks like more walking today so I can finish that tape. I might go over to the gym as well and do some elliptical.

My gym has come up with the perfect class workout: 9:30 strength, 10:30 kickboxing, 11:30 yoga. I can't wait to try it, though I'm going to skip kickboxing since it's contact and go do the elliptical. I'm teaching this Saturday, but next Sat I'll try the yoga, then the following do strength as well. If they only offered this everyday! I dream of a gym that offers classes all day long. If I could design a gym...

Happy Workouts!

Replies

• yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Greetings all!

Yesterday I couldn't stop watching the (recording of) mens gymnastics, so I walked for an hour. Also went to yoga and weights class. Looks like more walking today so I can finish that tape. I might go over to the gym as well and do some elliptical.

My gym has come up with the perfect class workout: 9:30 strength, 10:30 kickboxing, 11:30 yoga. I can't wait to try it, though I'm going to skip kickboxing since it's contact and go do the elliptical. I'm teaching this Saturday, but next Sat I'll try the yoga, then the following do strength as well. If they only offered this everyday! I dream of a gym that offers classes all day long. If I could design a gym...

Happy Workouts!
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    I think im going to do osme Zumba and my shred level 2 today! Drink all my water and keep my cals in check!
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I got a quick walk in after lunch yesterday, went to my aerobics class last night, and did my pushups before bed. The aerobics instructor also threw some upper body weight work in at the end of the class, so my arms were tired doing those pushups!

Today I managed to drag my butt out of bed to the gym to hit the elliptical BEFORE work, which I never do. But I am busy tonight and won't get another chance to work out. Maybe I can squeeze in another walk after lunch today.

I put a weekly chart up on my fridge so I can check things off every day. It's kinda inspiring to see those little check marks filling the page. Happy workouts!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Today I'm back at the gym for weights and some cardio. I was going to try for spinning this pm, but I think I may go earlier and do the elliptical instead. (these one-on-one spin classes are frankly killing me. . .they just seem sort of . . .awkward).

Happy workouts to all!:flowerforyou:
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Options
    Good afternoon. I did Turbo Jam again. I like it. It goes by quickly and I don't feel too bad if I can't get anything else in for the day. Like today-six little ones here so there isn't even a chance for a walk. Making dinner tonight for my son and his wife and son. She is the one expecting and baby is due in 3 weeks!
  • natalie424
    natalie424 Posts: 320
    Options
    Good afternoon!

Yesterday I did Shred Level 2, and today I plan to take a long walk.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Ok, I finally have to ask....What does SBF stand for? I have thought of all sorts of things, some funny, some naughty and some that just don't make sense, I am just curious.
  • heyjuede
    heyjuede Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    cardio and arms today :smile: then took my doggies for a walk cause finally it was nice out!!! i let them potty before going, but wouldn't you know they decided to go on the walk too!!!:noway: so after getting them home, i had to go back out and collect it so i didn't get turned in. small town lol... of course they couldn't go in the grass either. they chose the road and side walk:grumble: sorry if that was TMI but that was the excitement of my day!:laugh:
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    Ok, I finally have to ask....What does SBF stand for? I have thought of all sorts of things, some funny, some naughty and some that just don't make sense, I am just curious.

"Stronger, Better, Faster". Now I'm dying to know what you were guessing.:devil:
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Hi All! Long time no post :cry:

Things are crazy but good. I'm working out when I can, but life on the road is tough! I'm home for two more days then off to New York on Saturday. Will keep checking in when I can. Glad to hear everyone is fighting the good fight!

Vivia -- one on one spinning classes...definitely awkward LOL.

Today:
    ~ Lifted weights (back and bi)
    ~ 40 minutes cardio (stair stepper and elliptical -- I was SO tired! Must be from taking a few weeks off)
    ~ Keep within my calories
    ~ Take my vitamins
    ~ Make a smoothie to bring to my late afternoon meeting so I'm not tempted to eat the junky snacks

Good luck everyone!
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    Wandering!

I was thinking of you while I was on the road last week, and eating just terribly. Any remotely healthy stuff you manage to do or eat on the road now makes you my personal hero.:flowerforyou:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Late check in! I'm pooped! We walked in Sea World for several hours, I did 40 full pushups for the day and then we went bowling tonight! Whew! Didn't do well on my eating. Kind of anxious to get back to my routine. Gotta figure out how many calories I should be eating.
    Tomorrow is a road trip so I don't know what I will get done. Have a good Friday!
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Hey Wandering! I just saw an ad for a new show from "the producers of Deadliest Catch" and thought of you. Nice to see you. It sounds like you are doing great! :flowerforyou:

Vivia - definitely awkward. :embarassed: I almost had a one-on-one aerobics class last week and I wasn't sure if I take it! Fortunately one other person showed up after ten minutes.
  • courtlwhite
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm new to the site and am looking for a good challenge group to join, and I have heard great things about this one. So if you all don't mind, can I join? :flowerforyou: Thanks!
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    sure, we post everyday with a new thread.:flowerforyou: