First day! Any help or tip welcome!

Options
Hi,

Today is my first day, open to any exercise suggestions to help motivate me! My goal is to start running!

Replies

• Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    -Take it slow.

-Set your MFP goal to lose 1 pound/week.

-Allow yourself to make mistakes. If you have a bad eating day, start over the next day. Don't give up just because of one bad day. Remember the weight didn't come on in a few months and its not going to come off in a few months.

-This is not a diet. This is a lifestyle change. You want to change your eating habits and learn good habits that will last a lifetime--not just the amount of time it takes to lose the weight.

-If you look at this as a diet, or simply something you have to do to lose the weight , you won't learn how to eat right and you'll gain the weight back.

-Read the forums. Listen to the people who have been here a long time, who have lost hundreds of pounds (yes, there are quite a few on here). They know what they're talking about. Ignore the people who advocate a quick fix--those who push cleanses and fad diets. There are no quick fixes to weight loss. It takes guts and determination and knowledge. Learn from those who have been there.
    *****Note that people on the forums don't sugarcoat anything. If they think you're making a mistake, they will tell you. If they think what you're doing is stupid and harmful to yourself, they will tell you. It's this honesty that has taught me the most. Don't get butt hurt over it. Learn and move on.*****

-Remember calories in vs calories out. You want to burn more calories than you consume. It's as simple and as complicated as that.

-READ THIS----> http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

-YAY for you for taking steps to make your life healthier. You won't regret it. Promise.
  • redzgal
    redzgal Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    The above is great advice. Allow yourself to not be perfect, because you will surely fall down. Just make sure you get back up. It will be a learning process. Realize it's not going to be a quick fix, those things don't work. Focus on good foods, exercising and it boils down to numbers....less calories in than calories burned. If you do, you can't be anything but successful. And above all patience is key.

Good luck!!! :happy:
  • sweetblackberry1
    sweetblackberry1 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water log everything you eat and measure it accurately. That work for me even when I don't exercise.:smile:
  • amperry74
    amperry74 Posts: 1
    Options
    Thanks for the question and answers.
  • KimJohn14
    KimJohn14 Posts: 15
    Options
    Drink plenty and weigh properly and dont skip anything