A little question about poop...

Options
So I know this might be crazy but I can't poop, I've kind been going over on my fiber and a little on my fat and I am not getting the best BM that I could have. My significant other says that I'm stressing over it and it might be true but you know sometimes those days of not pooping show up on the scale! HELP!

Replies

• CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    Stressing about it could be part of the problem...do you drink your daily water requirements. ..that being said I have had poo issues all my life. Forever constipated no matter how much water I drank or fibre I ate. My dr recommended miralax. I am in heaven now. Its not a laxative it directs more water to the bowel. Its also non addictive. Google it. The chemical name of miralax is polyethylene glycol... I get the sams club brand, way cheaper. Hope this helps a little.
  • cnekniher
    cnekniher Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Try a FiberOne bar, those things are magic for these types of problems haha
  • janupshaw
    janupshaw Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Miralax is good. When I have trouble, I eat 5 prunes and 5 dried apricots per day, plus I eat a 100 calorie bag of microwave popcorn at night. I stopped taking calcium pills and vitamins, I think they were interferring with business.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    You can always try a mild OTC medicine to help soften up anything that hasn't exited your body yet. If you find it continuing for several days, I'd recommend seeing a doctor. A person I knew actually had to go to the ER because she didn't poop for over a week; I think it may have been close to two actually.
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Try a FiberOne bar, those things are magic for these types of problems haha
    I have to eat two or more of those, or I have the worst gas and nothing to show for it. :grumble: But they are pretty yummy. lol
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Psyllium husk and exercise. You're all set. :drinker:
  • xWendyJonesx
    xWendyJonesx Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I had a similar problem, then I read somewhere to drink a litre of water when I get up in the morning before I eat or drink anything else, within an hour and a half I have to go, I followed this for a while, now I just have to make sure I drink plenty of water during the day and I go most mornings, if I have trouble I just revert back to the litre of water in the morning and I'm moving again.

Good luck I hope you find something that works for you, I know we are all different and what works for one doesn't always work for someone else.
  • chari182
    chari182 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Coffee will do the trick!
  • Tillyecl1
    Tillyecl1 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Go for a run. I swear it's the best thing in the world for this problem.
  • KarmaLaine
    KarmaLaine Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Caffeine, fiber, and exercise should solve the problem pretty quickly. :-)
  • MaggieLoo79
    MaggieLoo79 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Coffee will do the trick!

Works for me too. :blushing:
  • jessilee119
    jessilee119 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Some good tips (especially coffee lol). Also as someone mentioned how much water do you drink? I read that if you increase fiber intake but don't drink enough water that's what can bind you up. Water is needed for fiber to work.

Is this a normal for you? If not, a dose of Senekot will get you back on track. I recently had the same problem, not normal BM for me, and one dose of Senekot did the trick nicely (it wasn't like the scene from Dumb and Dumber lol).

Hope you get back on track!!