Low Calorie Alcohol

Options
Hey friends.
I'm headed to a party next weekend and wondered what you all drink without moving the scale much??
I have been drinking Smirnoff Ice Light (80 calories each) but I need like, 8 of them to last me through the night! (They're low %, lol )
Any thoughts??
Thanks!

Replies

• dazkeirle
    dazkeirle Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I drink spirits neat, stops me from downing them as harder to drink. Lower cal too.

Of course cutting down / stopping is the ideal position.

Maybe swap between alcohol drink and water / diet cola, that way you'd cut the damage in half. Appreciate you wouldn't get so drunk, but you may realise you don't need to.

Have fun either way.
  • KarmaLaine
    KarmaLaine Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have a 3 drink maximum, otherwise judgement goes out the window. My first drink is usually something I really want, like a high calorie beer. After that, I switch to light beer or wine.
  • KimiSteinbach
    KimiSteinbach Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I drink sweet red wine and doing fine!
  • Jaymeoww
    Jaymeoww Posts: 5
    Options
    I struggle with that too!! at the bar i will usually try for vodka diet coke! or when im feeling bad *kitten* i just go straight for the tequila shots lol. but yeah limiting is the best because i know when im a couple drinks deep my "healthy" judgement is gone. good luck and have fun!!!
  • Beckilovespizza
    Beckilovespizza Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Barcardi and diet coke is my general tipple. Its not bad at all in cals and gets me nicely merry! Enjoy the party!
  • awaywiththeFairys
    awaywiththeFairys Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Drink on the rocks; try infused vodkas for flavour without the calories :)
    Dilute you drink; sparkling water or club soda can be added to spirits, or even wine to make a lower calorie spritzer.
    Gin, rum, vodka, whisky , tequila, brandy and cognac all come in at around 65 calories single measure .
  • nosebag1212
    nosebag1212 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    vodka/diet soda is the lowest cal you can get
  • demasi72
    demasi72 Posts: 1
    Options
    Depends on what kind of booze you prefer! I will ask for tequila with agave and fresh lime juice if I want a margarita, otherwise I do red wine or vodka with diet soda... and eat enough food, but leave some calories for the drink intake! :)
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Tequila! Only 90 cals a shot :bigsmile: :drinker: :laugh:
  • TaraRichardson913
    TaraRichardson913 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    thanks all!
    Yeah, been trying not to drink but it's a birthday celebration friend who I haven't seen for a long time!

I do like vodka..
  • DrJenO
    DrJenO Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Don't freak out if you notice a bump upwards on the scale the next day or so after. Alcohol will make you retain water (it does for me, anyway).

Make sure you drink plenty of water before and after, stick with your routine, and you will be fine.
  • amyk225
    amyk225 Posts: 154
    Options
    vodka,water and a dash of lime ,lovely:)
  • sarahjae4205
    sarahjae4205 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Drink Vodka with Diet Tonic water - two limes! :) Every bar I have ever been to has diet tonic water. If not, get regular tonic. The calories are SO minimal, you won't even notice!! Plus you will get some natural sweetness - yes, sweetness - from the lime. It enhances the drink. I also would offset every drink with a glass of water. You will still get drunk, trust me. The vodka packs a punch with the tonic water!! ENJOY!!!!