Hello from a Newbie

Options
Hello

I'm Mhairi, I'm 41 and I've been married for nearly 20 years. We have 2 kids aged 13 and 9. I have PCOS which can make losing weight nearly impossible but I've used that as an excuse for too long. It's easy to eat 3 bags of crisps then blame the weight gain on PCOS. I've just got back from a city break that I had looked forward to for months then hated every minute of because I was too unfit to walk around. I have 126 lbs to lose which is the same weight as a healthy adult. Anyway. I have started this morning and really want to do it this time. I really struggle to keep the motivation going so wondered if there was anyone else in the same boat who fancies buddying up so we can keep each other on the straight and narrow. I look forward to getting to know you all.

Replies

• MaggieLoo79
    MaggieLoo79 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    You'll do great! :flowerforyou:
  • MindfulLiving
    MindfulLiving Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Good morning,

I have been here a long time and still find it hard to keep motivated, The trick is to keep busy and write every thing. You can add me if you want and I will help push you forward if you will pull me along, or visa versa what ever it takes.
  • rosaleepfister
    Options
    Good Morning Mhari! I too lack the motivation to stick to it, making everything else in my life a priority or just getting distracted and away goes the day! I started myfitness pal last year in March and was doing so good, then just left it as life got busy. Now, this morning I got an email from Fitpal and here I am logging in after more than a year and depressed to see that I gained twenty pounds since last March!!:( So inexcusable! So yes, I would love to be your accountability buddy because that is truly my issue, not sticking to it! I wish us both well. By the way I am 46 years old and holding on to 50-60 pounds over my healthy weight.
  • morton_sf
    morton_sf Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi
    I also need to lose the weight of an entire adult. It is a struggle. My own weakness is chocolate candy of any kind. I have fibromyalgia and for years used that as an excuse. I happen to also love all the sitting activities like cross-stitch, reading and playing on Facebook. So it was easy to just give in to the aches and pains.

One of the most important things that I was told recently is this: "Do not get discouraged when you fall off your diet. It will happen from time to time because your working on such a long term goal. No one is perfect. Just dust yourself off and get back to your program. Love yourself everyday, regardless of if its a good day or a bad day."

My gym trainer also told me to use the scale sparingly as a judge of how I am doing. It took time but I have gotten myself down to where I only weigh a few times a month. The more important judge of how you are doing is how you feel physically and how your clothes fit you. If you want to measure something, measure your waistline. A skinny person may look healthy but in realty have too much body fat percentage. So scales are deceptive.

Anyway, I hope this letter helps you. I love to talk. LOL.

Send me a friend request if you like and have a beautiful day,
    Susan
  • seanwil12
    seanwil12 Posts: 3
    Options
    You will do fine as long as it's what you truly would like to do.