Falling off the food wagon

Options
I am just posting here because I want to see if anyone else is like me, just this past weekend I had my husbands 40th birthday party so we were out all weekend really. Alot of drink was consumed on Saturday champagne and beer the food wasn't such and issue as I made a really healthy lunch for all my family and ate that before we went out but Friday night we got a take away as I was really tired and not in the humour of cooking, Saturday was good food wise but bad alcohol wise and Sunday we went out for dinner and I got cajun chicken which was very creamy and salty and had rice and some chips with it and today I feel horrible like I have mistreated my body but not only that I feel horrible looking at myself.
At the party everyone was complimenting me and saying you've lost loads of weight which I know I haven't I probably have toned up more so but I just found I could not accept their compliments and even when I looked in the mirror before going out all I could see was rolls of fat and saggy body parts I just felt rubbish going out.

Does this happen to anyone else or is it just me I used to be such a confident person no matter what size I was :frown:

Replies

• ebert5150
    ebert5150 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it happen to everyone, but it certainly happens to me. I think the best thing is to repurpose yourself and not let it get you down. My biggest mistake is (was) letting it go on for more than one day, that's when you really get into trouble. You can do it!
  • silmarilliane
    silmarilliane Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    definitely happens to me sometimes. i find it most demotivating to eat well if people tell me i look good or that i've lost so much weight (i'm down from my highest, but still a stone and a half up from my lowest).
    i've started to be a bit less strict now and not worry about off days. i figure if i can eat well for most of the time and have days off, it's better than me having every day off!

i hope you feel better about it soon and get that confidence back :)
  • Rancerox
    Rancerox Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Just remember that it is an exception and not a rule. Most of your added weight is probably water retention from all the sodium. Since you are normally eating right and exercising, that will come off soon enough.

Special occasions are just that; special.

There are days that I want some pizza. I have some pizza. Yeah, it will flucuate my weight some, but it will go away soon enough through regular healthy eating and exercise.

This is the same principle for exercising also. If I just don't feel like getting to the gym (kinda rare, though), I don't beat myself up over it; I know I will get back there soon enough.
  • Trishsimon
    Trishsimon Posts: 129
    Options
    I don't know if it happen to everyone, but it certainly happens to me. I think the best thing is to repurpose yourself and not let it get you down. My biggest mistake is (was) letting it go on for more than one day, that's when you really get into trouble. You can do it!

Thanks yes back on track today I generally am good during the week I'm going to boxing later so that will give me a good work out. I just find it really hard to accept how I look I just want to be slim.
  • tazroni
    tazroni Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    This too just happened to me as well. We went away for the mothers day weekend. We celebrated mothers day and a birthday. Lots of food that is for sure. We then returned home where I went out to a meeting where the food is all prepared for the day and not necessarily health food. I weight in every Friday and was certain I would have gained weight. I did not lose but did not gain either. That was the motivation to get me back on track. It took me a week to get back on track. Another thing I find very helpful is actually tracking all your food and drink on those special party days. I was going to give myself a break but then decided, it is what it is, and that I need to be accountable. I find it incredibly helpful to track even when I don't want to see those numbers. It puts it all into perspective.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I did not lose any weight when I hated my body. I decided to just love my body, fat rolls and all and wear shorts and bathing suits and not care what others thought. MY goal changed to loving my body and making it the healthiest strongest body it can be. All of a sudden weight started coming off although that was not my main concern.
    As far as feeling icky, I call those food hangovers. My body is no longer accustom to processing tons of saturated fat and sodium. I drink lots of water and eat super healthy for a couple of days and it goes away.
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Think about it this way. Your food/exercise lifestyle is like a road map. Sometimes, you're on the right path and sometimes we make a wrong turn (a food/drink packed weekend).

If you were on the road and knew you made a wrong turn, would you continue on the wrong road?...or just make a U turn.

Make the U-turn!!!