Insanity Day 1 anybody with me?

Options
2»

Replies

• mrspyle
    mrspyle Posts: 19
    Options
    Thank you!

Today I used p90x recovery formula after my workout =] Ive herd really good things so ill let everyone know tomorrow!
  • Amanda42657
    Amanda42657 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I did not get to do my 3rd day today and I really wanted to ): I will tomorrow though. Yall keep it up! I am glad to see so many people here going through the same experience as me. DIG DEEPER YALL (:
  • amiele1
    Options
    I logged as "Circuit Training" as well for Insanity. Now I've made my own "Insanity" on my personal exercise list so I could customize the calories to me...

In addition to HRM - This site has a decent calculator which in includes adjustment for weight - so you can check that out too...
    http://www.myoptumhealth.com/portal/ManageMyHealth/Calories+Burned+Calculator

Good Luck!
    Let's do this - You can do it!
  • amiele1
    Options
    Defo let us know how the recovery formula works...I've been doing homemade 4:1 carb/protien shake after...

Just did pure cardio today - whoohoo! Pure indeed!
  • RachM
    RachM Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I did the cardio recovery workout today, and I found it it be incredibly slow and boring. I mean some things I definately felt and my legs were vibrating, but the burn according to my HRM was like 190 calories. I get its a recovery, but still frustrating for me lol
  • mirahonthawall
    mirahonthawall Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    even though the recovery workout is slow, my thighs HATE me for days after. but TRUST....you need the recovery workout!
  • mrspyle
    Options
    Thank you for the websight! Ya i think recovery formula def worked. My abs arent really that sore anymore, my calves still burn like crazy but just shows what i need more work on haha Hope everyone had a great day/workout!
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the websight! Ya i think recovery formula def worked. My abs arent really that sore anymore, my calves still burn like crazy but just shows what i need more work on haha Hope everyone had a great day/workout!

P90X Results and Recovery Shake is a life saver!!! I drink it after any work out 30 minutes or longer.
  • kimn
    kimn Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey girls! I just posted over on Bryan's post (he started the same day as we all did) and thought I would join you guys as well. LOVED days 1&2 (though they were tough) but I hated day 3 recovery. I felt like it was a wasted day! I'm sure previous posters are right, that we need the recovery, but it just didn't feel right!

Can't wait to hit it hard at lunch today! I have been working out at lunch every day and am a bit nervous about the weekends as I have 4 kids and a crazy schedule. My older daughter (12) did the fit test with me and wants to do workouts with me when she doesn't have soccer and softball practices. Anybody know of any kids that have done this workout? I worry that it might be a bit extreme for her, but she is an athlete so maybe not a big deal? I may psot this as a general quesion in the forum as it has been on my mind all week.

Great to find you all! Looking forward to the next 56 days!

Kim
  • RachM
    Options
    Ask your family dr. is he thinks its okay for her to do it. I mean, I dont see why not, I started rowing at the age of 12 and it was pretty intense, but I'm not a health care professional!

As for the recovery workout, it was nice to have a day "off" but I REALLY enjoyed todays workout, it was super hard. The only thing I found was that it had a lower calorie burn which I found odd concidering it was pure cardio...hmmm
  • lilmama2babies
    Options
    I will be your friend lady!!!!! Today was definitely day 1 of insanity for me!!!!!!! But I want to keep going and I do need some help....
  • lilmama2babies
    Options
    Really stupid question guys....what's "the fit test"? I'm new to this stuff so I am doing basic work outs but if thee is something better and more fun I can do, let me in on it....
  • mykat
    mykat Posts: 1
    Options
    Not a stupid question lilmama2babies....I was wondering the same thing!!! I've used the site for about 5 weeks or so, but not really sure what I am doing! :-)
  • Jrak1980
    Jrak1980 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I just received my package, going to start today!
  • mrspyle
    Options
    Ya i took it last night after doing pure cardio and plyo again b/c i missed a day. I feel great today!

WEEK ONE IS DONE GUYS!!! YAY! Congrats to everyone who keeps diggin deep and to all the new starters! Rock it guys!
  • nicolegwenette
    nicolegwenette Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Just completed day 4. I had to stop over the weekend because I had all of my wisdom teeth removed on friday. I had a good workout but since I already skipped a couple of days I don't know if I'm going to do the recovery tomorrow. I may just skip to the cardio one since I am already behind. Otherwise, I may combine the recovery with 30 min on the treadmill. Still so far so good.

47412.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Jrak1980
    Jrak1980 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Day 3 done! Wow, I'm tired but feel great!
  • Amanda42657
    Amanda42657 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Sorry yall I have not had time to check back much but I am glad to see everyone is still digging deep. To those who were asking what the fit test is, it is part of the Insanity workouts. You do it first thing before you start the program and then every two weeks after. It helps you measure your progress. I have missed a few days but I am still with it. I was expecting it to get easier after finishing a week but everyday still feels like day one (or harder sometimes) and I just cant get my body to do those V push ups!
  • RachM
    Options
    Week 3 done! anyone still going at it?! :)
  • jacksonde24
    Options
    I just stared week 2 yesterday. It's getting a little bit easier. Count me in.