THIS IS NOT A POST ABOUT FAKE MAGIC!!! :D :D

Afternoon everyone :)
I'm Colette, and I'm here on MFP for the umpteenth time, but this time I'm wanna try doing it with the support and motivation of other like minded people, instead of just using the site to log stuff, before I get bored and leave after a week or two like so many times before :)
I've got about 60lb to lose, and have struggled with my weight all my life, I've battled depression and illness because of it, but I refuse to label myself a victim. This is ultimately my doing so no one but me is gonna undo it....right?
I always try to think positive, and I'm willing to offer practical support, motivation and *kitten* kicking when needed, for the same in return. Challenges, sarcasm, shenanigans and anyone around my age, who has just got into, or is thinking of getting into a martial art of some kind, would be especially welcome, just so I have someone else to remind me that actually, 41 isn't over the hill and it 'isn't too late to start again' :D

Replies

• prium01
    prium01 Posts: 306 Member
    Welcome! This is a great website...You could add me if you want!! You can surely do well this time...
  • Yagisama
    Yagisama Posts: 595 Member
    No (fake) black magic?!? What is this, that's the whole reason why I joined this website!! :tongue:

Many of us have faced and overcome similar challenges, so you're definitely not alone here!

I will send you a friend request. Accept it at your own peril. :drinker:
  • Proudgranny6
    Proudgranny6 Posts: 7 Member
    Hi, I'm 49 and have struggled with weight and health issues FOREVER. But, I'm sticking to it, and really rely on the people here to keep me incouraged. You're welcome to add me if you like :)
  • beckyjeanleemaddox
    beckyjeanleemaddox Posts: 154 Member
    Hi!! I have 58 lbs to lose. I log in every day and this is my 2nd go around. As of today I've lost 38 lbs from my top weight and 29 lbs since March 12th. Regarding your comment about excuses and you did it to yourself. I take a softer approach to myself now. It is hard to lose weight when you don't know about correct portion size and you eat food that is high in calories with no nutritional value. For me it was education and actually getting a feel of what portion sizes were etc. It's made it easier. Plus I'm more acquainted with why I had gotten so fat b/c some foods are loaded with calories. I eat more fruits, veggies and lean meats. Fruit tastes so sweet to me now since I've basically eliminated sugar from diet. (I did have a piece of chocolate cake last night, it was my grandson's birthday) The people here help keep me straight and provide motivation. I'm a little more over the hill than you. I'm 57 but have a young heart. Feel free to add me if you want support. I'm not much of an *kitten* kicker b/c I believe we all have bad days and the main thing is to forgive yourself and get back to doing what you do..... one day at a time.:smile:
  • minizebu
    minizebu Posts: 2,716 Member
    Dang it! I wanted this to be a post about fake magic!

Believe me, after wading through 100 pages of "Introduce Yourself" thread titles, anything other than "Hi, from Halifax" or "Any stay-at-home mom's doing Insanity?" is a welcome change.

I was really, really, hoping this was about fake magic. :o)