Chocolate Avocado "Pudding"

Options
13»

Replies

• Mini_horse_lover
    Mini_horse_lover Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Sounds great, thank you.

Avocados are perfect in smoothies to make them thicker and creamier so would be awesome in this.
  • rbiss
    rbiss Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    in a few weeks florida avocados will be in season ,i dont want to "pay" for an avocado to make this ... if i dont like it the dogs most likely will not eat it either...

Chocolate is poison for dogs.
    It takes a whole lot of chocolate to harm a dog, and even then, dark chocolate (REAL dark chocolate) is the culprit.

Avacados are also bad for them
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    in a few weeks florida avocados will be in season ,i dont want to "pay" for an avocado to make this ... if i dont like it the dogs most likely will not eat it either...

It takes a whole lot of chocolate to harm a dog, and even then, dark chocolate (REAL dark chocolate) is the culprit.

Not true. Lost a dog when she ate 1/2 bag of mms
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options

• beckylou66
    beckylou66 Posts: 103 Member
    Options

Prolly depends on the size of the dog.... Mine ate 6 chocolate cupcakes, half the couch, glass Christmas balls, too many shoes to count... and he's still alive.

Thankfully he has grown up now :happy:

And I will have to try this recipe...
  • healingnurtrer
    healingnurtrer Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Some things should never be eaten together... Avocado and chocolate are two of those things.

Avocado is super high in fat (77%) which would make it creamy for the pudding. It's basically replacing the fat in the pudding that would usually come from the milk product/ oil.
    Why would you replace the normal fat source of pudding? Some research suggests avocado fat is "healthier" than other fat. Also- it's high in a diverse group of micronutrients (unlike other sources high in fat.) It's fresh and unprocessed. So that makes it a possibly healthier substitute! (Also to those with milk protein allergies, lactose intolerance... it's a good substitute.)

So the problem is do the flavors blend? Avocado is a mild flavor but would it go well with chocolate? I think chocolate is excellent at masking other flavors. (As are sweeteners..) So, I think it works! And the final product isn't green or anything... you might not be able to tell. I've heard some people say they can tell. There are different recipes that call for a small amount of other ingredients included that could mask the avocado flavor more. (Like soy milk and vanilla extract)

Anyway- I love it! :)
  • Mini_horse_lover
    Mini_horse_lover Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I just tried it.
    I think thats all I'll say.

):
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Some things should never be eaten together... Avocado and chocolate are two of those things.

Avocado is super high in fat (77%) which would make it creamy for the pudding. It's basically replacing the fat in the pudding that would usually come from the milk product/ oil.
    Why would you replace the normal fat source of pudding? Some research suggests avocado fat is "healthier" than other fat. Also- it's high in a diverse group of micronutrients (unlike other sources high in fat.) It's fresh and unprocessed. So that makes it a possibly healthier substitute! (Also to those with milk protein allergies, lactose intolerance... it's a good substitute.)

So the problem is do the flavors blend? Avocado is a mild flavor but would it go well with chocolate? I think chocolate is excellent at masking other flavors. (As are sweeteners..) So, I think it works! And the final product isn't green or anything... you might not be able to tell. I've heard some people say they can tell. There are different recipes that call for a small amount of other ingredients included that could mask the avocado flavor more. (Like soy milk and vanilla extract)

Anyway- I love it! :)

It still seems just wrong. LOL
  • sassynkp
    sassynkp Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Bump