New girl in town

veggiegirl314
veggiegirl314 Posts: 31
edited September 22 in Introduce Yourself
Hi! Just thought I'd make a quick post introducing myself!

My name is Stephanie, I'm 25 years old, and I'm from St. Louis, MO. I joined my fitness pal to keep track of the calories and nutrients that I consume everyday. I'd like to lose a little weight and (hopefully) have fun in the process!

Exercise-wise, I stay in pretty good shape. I workout 5-6 times a week, and I'm currently training for my 2nd half marathon. Exercise is not my issue; I love it. My problem is FOOD! (I also love it!) :)

I've tried tracking my calories and such before, but I never stick with it. What are your tips? And how do you track your meals when you go out to eat? I'm a food writer, so I eat out a LOT, and a lot of the time I'm not sure how many calories are in what I'm eating!

Replies

• itsbella
    itsbella Posts: 1,101
    Hi Stephanie! Welcome. You will love mfp...the more you exercise, the more you can eat!!!

Feel free to add me :o)
  • ZacFields
    ZacFields Posts: 62 Member
    Welcome!

I suppose I have a good story to go along with your "eating out" problem. Yesterday, a coworker and I went out for lunch a few blocks away from where we were that serves burritos... similar to Pancheros if you've ever heard of them. So I ordered up a pork burrito with black beans and rice (and all the other fixings). I found out later that what I had consumed was approximately 900 calories. WOW!

But that's the nice thing about MFP. I was still able to stay under my calorie goal for the day by only eating the calories I had left for the remainder of the day.

Sometimes it's hard to calculate the calories in what you're eating, especially if you're eating at a restaurant that doesn't have readily available nutritional info. Just do the best you can and be honest, and you'll do great!
  • Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! :)
This discussion has been closed.