Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

New mum (uk) looking for mummy friends to help on my journey

Hi all! I'm 32 and from North East England.I had my second child 7 weeks ago and I need to start to shed the extra pounds. I've tipped the scales at 208!!!!!!! OMG.. I can't believe I weigh that much. I was hoping to find some other mummy friends who could help to motivate me ...goodness I need it!

Any takers?!

Replies

• hmorrish
    hmorrish Posts: 20 Member
    Hi, I'm a new mum too, my little boy is 5 weeks old and i really need to loose the baby weight. I'm the same weight as you where when you posted. Are you still looking for new friends to motivate you? If so I could do with some motivation too :smile: forgot to say I live in Wales
  • PinkyFett
    PinkyFett Posts: 842 Member
    I'm not a new mom, but I have 3 kids... 8 months, 4 in 2 weeks, and 5 years old, and I weigh more than you do :laugh:
  • Faydra25
    Faydra25 Posts: 1
    Hi, I just had my third child 7 weeks ago. I have 2 sons who are 4 and 22 months. I am from the states, Minnesota in particular and would love to find some friends to motivate me on here! I am sort of a hippie, a little sarcastic, very generous and open. I am breast feeding and have had lots of differing opinions on how many calories I should be eating as well so I'm kinda playing around with it. I weigh about 186. I started tracking last Wednesday and I was 188 then. So I guess I'm headed in the right direction! I have no clue how to really do any of the community part on here but would love to learn! I'm hoping to get back down to the 140'-150's. I don't have any huge goals of 120. I love cookies too much :)
    Feel free to chat with me any time, any one!
  • GidgetWannaBe
    GidgetWannaBe Posts: 20 Member
    Mom of three in the States. Gained too much weight five years ago during my last pregnancy and just kept going up from there til I was just shy of 200 lbs. Feel free to add me. We can do this!
  • chocolate30
    chocolate30 Posts: 36 Member
    Hi all I am a new mum too. I think it is important that we can call on people who are in the same situation. My LO is 7 weeks and 6 days. He is my first and I am breastfeeding atm. So my calories are very high as it is only recommended that I lose no more than 1 lbs per week. I have put myself to maintain but I want to eat more health than I have been doing. :smile:
  • IWillBeSlim35
    IWillBeSlim35 Posts: 38 Member
    Hi, welcome :)
    I'm 36 and not a new mum, I have three girls 15, 11 and 3.
    7lb down, 4 stone to go.
    This site is fab, makes things just a little bit easier.
    Feel free to add me.

Stay strong, you CAN do this!
  • kellee1988
    kellee1988 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi I'm 26 my daughter is almost 5. Been on MTP for almost 2 years on and off. Basically I'm lacking motivation at present so started back up. 31 lbs down so far although it has taken me a while to get it off I have maintained for quite a while and I'm really looking to get my last 10 lbs off and tone up. Would love to meet some members on here for motivation and help motivate others too :-) Feel free to add me
  • missyjg99
    missyjg99 Posts: 246 Member
    I'm not a new mom, but I had my son 11 months ago and I still have yet to lose the weight. I gained 60lbs, yikes. I'm finally getting serious. Feel free to add me as I love supportive friends. Good luck and congratulations on the new little one.
  • lioness803
    lioness803 Posts: 325 Member
    I have an almost 2 year old, and I love British people! I've been on MFP for albout a year and half. Feel free to add me!
  • britneyrene
    britneyrene Posts: 12 Member
    American girl from Arkansas here looking to find friends for motivation. I lost over around what I believe you call one stone on here over two years ago by adding friends and logging everyday. I fell off the bandwagon after moving to a new city and beginning a new job as an instructional leader in a large school district. I deleted my friends and didn't log in for over a year. I am back and ready to do the work. This time, I will not let myself slip. I also started a blog. I have about 15 lbs to lose.

Feel free to add me and follow my journey on my blog http://bballinblog.wordpress.com/