Help :( my weight loss has stopped!

Options
I've been using mfp for 12weeks now, and at the start it was great, (I've lost 15lb) but the past 4 weeks my weight loss has stopped completely, even tho I am doing more exercise, as my fitness has improved

I've been eating around 1200cal/day and doing 20min cross trainer and 20mins exercise bike and then around 15mins strength, and I have quite an active job where I'm always on my feet and walking around all day

I can't see what's changed, I'm eating the same as before, I drink 2litres of water a day and exercise 5days/week

I have noticed the past few weeks that I am getting hungry a lot, before my breakfast would have kept me going about 3/4hrs now it's barely keeping me going 2 :(

Please help me :(

Replies

• aeb09
    aeb09 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    You probably need to eat more calories. 1200 is almost never enough, especially for someone who is active.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    1200 is not enough food. You're supposed to eat back exercise calories. With your job you should probably be eating closer to 1800, honestly.

Although if you're not losing (and *only* lost 15 pounds in 12 weeks), I'm guessing you're eating too much and are not logging properly.
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Yep, try eating more. When your fitness improves, your body requires more fuel to function. Finding the calorie level that is best for you can be tricky. What I do and what I recommend to people is to eat at a calorie level that allows you to drop 1-2 lbs/week. This assumes an average calorie burn from you getting in all of your workouts. This will be different for everyone, so you'll have to do some trial and error to figure it out. I'd start ~1600 cal/day. Hit this goal, along with your macros and getting in your workouts, for a week. If you lose 1-2 lbs, you're good to go. If you lose too much, increase your intake and repeat. If you don't lose enough, reduce your intake a bit and repeat. After a few weeks, you'll figure out what works for you in your situation.

Also, cut back on the cardio (especially since you're job is more active) and spend more time doing weight lifting. Resistance training is a great way to boost your metabolism and gives you the toned look that most people want.

Allan
  • 5helli33
    5helli33 Posts: 7
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I was eating around 1200cal and then exercising after, I'm gonna try eating more :) would eating more pasta potatoes etc be advisable? Not exactly sure with them cause they're very filling but high calories etc, really need guidance :/
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    First, are you weighing all of your solid food and measuring all of your liquid? If you are not losing you are probably eating more than you think. See this link: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/872212-you-re-probably-eating-more-than-you-think
  • ruffnstuff
    ruffnstuff Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    An open diary would let people help you with more specific tips. Though probably 95% of the time, this type of thread really boils down to people not accurately logging and weighing their food. What you *think* you're eating is likely not all you are actually eating.
  • 5helli33
    Options
    How do I do an open diary??
  • 5helli33
    Options
    And yes I'm weighing all my foods, and I'm only drinking water or sparkling water :/
  • roxielu0422
    roxielu0422 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    You're not eating enough. More protein and water.