MY 3 DAY DETOX

Options
Not really a detox but too me it kinda is.

Breakfast: fruit
Dinner: plain salad
Tea: 90% vegetables and a main portion or meat
Snacks: any fruit/veg (as much as needed)

FOOD RULE: 250ml of water just before you eat, 250ml of water while you eat and 250ml of water just after you eat.

Exercise for me is gym. It must consist of a 10 minute warm up, 20 minute cardio, 20 minute strength, 10 minute cool down. After I use sauna for 10 minutes then steam room for 10 minutes. Once a day each day of detox.

No smoking or nicotine allowed whilst detoxing. No caffeine allowed whilst detoxing. And the only drink allowed is water.

It may not sound like a detox, but the amount of fizzy drinks I eat, junk food and the amount I smoke it is amazing how much healthier I feel after 3 days. My goal is this time to detox is too keep to no more than 2000 calories after, keep quit from smoking, keep away from junk food and drink and keep gyming every other day :)

No bashing please, just wanted to share.

Replies

• itodd4019
    itodd4019 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    if you make the 3 days of smoking sessation without giving in, you have gotten over the hum, FOR REALS!

THE SINGLE GREATEST THING YOU CAN DO FOR YOUR HEALTH AND ENERGY LEVELS IS TO NEVER SMOKE AGAIN!

that is my hope for you

Todd
  • Christie_93x
    Options
    I'm detoxing to rid my body of nicotine and the rest of the crap in cigarettes and to rid of caffeine etc too. It will be 1200 calories approximately still.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    There's practically no fat in your eating plan. That isn't good, you need dietary fat.
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I'm detoxing to rid my body of nicotine and the rest of the crap in cigarettes and to rid of caffeine etc too. It will be 1200 calories approximately still.

Using the restroom does the same thing. Your diet plan actually sounds more harmful than helpful.
  • roxielu0422
    roxielu0422 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I wish you the best on quitting smoking. I've never smoked, so I don't know how hard it is to quit, but I think it's great that you are doing it. do what you gotta do for 3 days and hopefully you will stay away from it.
  • ExcelWithMel
    ExcelWithMel Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    if you make the 3 days of smoking sessation without giving in, you have gotten over the hum, FOR REALS!

THE SINGLE GREATEST THING YOU CAN DO FOR YOUR HEALTH AND ENERGY LEVELS IS TO NEVER SMOKE AGAIN!

that is my hope for you

Todd

I second that!
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Not really a detox but too me it kinda is.

Breakfast: fruit
    Dinner: plain salad
    Tea: 90% vegetables and a main portion or meat
    Snacks: any fruit/veg (as much as needed)

FOOD RULE: 250ml of water just before you eat, 250ml of water while you eat and 250ml of water just after you eat.

Exercise for me is gym. It must consist of a 10 minute warm up, 20 minute cardio, 20 minute strength, 10 minute cool down. After I use sauna for 10 minutes then steam room for 10 minutes. Once a day each day of detox.

No smoking or nicotine allowed whilst detoxing. No caffeine allowed whilst detoxing. And the only drink allowed is water.

It may not sound like a detox, but the amount of fizzy drinks I eat, junk food and the amount I smoke it is amazing how much healthier I feel after 3 days. My goal is this time to detox is too keep to no more than 2000 calories after, keep quit from smoking, keep away from junk food and drink and keep gyming every other day :)

No bashing please, just wanted to share.

Instead of wavering back and forth on the seesaw between 'detox' and pop, junk and cigarettes....why not adopt healthy consistent habits? Everything in moderation!!! Except the cigarettes...yuck nasty. But hey it's your life.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    lots of rules
  • Christie_93x
    Options
    You've all put me off now haha xx thanks :') I think...

Read up and realised detoxs are not necessary. Getting on just good old healthy lifestyle when my son is better. Already started. I just mean logging.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    You're only quitting smoking for 3 days?! Why not forever? You mention a son. It is probably one of the best things you could do for him.