NSV: Triathlon!

Options
scantrll
scantrll Posts: 271 Member
I completed my first ever sprint triathlon yesterday! 1/4 mile swim, 12 mile bike, 3.1 mile run. I even beat my projected finish time by 19 minutes. Considering I broke my ankle in Feb. I'm thrilled! (Yes, I did have medical clearance to do the race.)

The weather was horrible (near record low temps with rain), the second half of the bike ride had a vicious head wind and the transition area had ankle deep mud throughout, but I finished with a time I'm very proud of. I even feel pretty dang good today, if a little sore in some places.

I'm signed up for another sprint in June (with slightly longer distances) and I have my sights set on an Olympic distance one in September. Set a goal and work towards it, because, trust me, if I can do it, just about anyone can!

Replies

• BlueStar1989
    BlueStar1989 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    congrats! It sounds like you did really well.
  • redheaded_dem
    redheaded_dem Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!! You rock!
  • brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!! My first was 2 weeks ago and I've been trying to get off my butt and write up the story but had another big adventure this weekend. The tri bug takes hold for sure. Way to go!!!!
  • slerich
    slerich Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Congrates!! Now your addicted!! I love them and want to do a Half Ironman one day!! Done up to the olympic distance and did 8 in one year! Keep at it and great time!!!
  • lealorali
    lealorali Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    congrats! So exciting! Any pointers? I'm doing my first sprint tri June 8!
  • cavewoman15
    cavewoman15 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    congrats! i did my first one (same distance as you) in april and now i'm hooked! training for an olympic distance in august. WAY TO GO!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!