I know this can't last...

Options
ralevin
ralevin Posts: 131 Member
I can't believe how well this site works.
Sunday night (it is now Wednesday night), I logged my starting weight of 275, and began logging all food and exercise Monday morning.
As of this morning, I've already lost 9 pounds!
I've exercised vigorously on the elliptical for 45 minutes each day (MFP says that earns me 829 calories, based on my weight), and have tried not to use those "extra calories."

Like I said, I know this can't last at this rate, but that's a great feeling to motivate me to stick with this.

Replies

• thisis4me
    thisis4me Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your 9lb loss:) I love this site and am fairly new myslef. I wish you luck on continued success....you are doing great!:)
  • nevergoingback2011
    Options
    You can do it! Maybe not 9 lbs everytime on you step on the scale but someone with your kind of motivation is GONNA lose weight :)

Good Luck
  • imustdecrease
    Options
    keep going!
  • MammaEllis
    Options
    Thats awesome! Its always big the first week or so but TAKE IT!!! You deserve it!
    Best wishes to you!

830631.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • dinacav
    dinacav Posts: 12
    Options
    I started MFP on the 1st. I've lost 7 pounds already! I know the quick losses won't last, but it's nice to have a little initial encouragement from our bodies. Congrats on your weight loss, you can keep it up with determination! Though the scale will drop slower, it is still doable!
  • melmarchi
    Options
    Pat yourself on the back! Keep up the good work and stay positive.
  • Gargwin82
    Gargwin82 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I've lost weight before with different but similar programs. The weight flys off for the first 3 weeks then kinda levels off. That's ok because those first few weeks are such a high it really encourages you to stick with it! The plus with this is you're learning healthy eating/exercise habits that will help you keep any weight (no matter how much a week) off which is the ultimate challenge in the end!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
  • mirahonthawall
    mirahonthawall Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    you should probably eat some of those "extra calories", or else it actually won't last...
  • jrhodges20
    jrhodges20 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with you here, it is great to feel and see instant results, I even lost an inch in my midsection! Although I know it won't last its been a great motivator to keep going. Keep up the good work. I keep telling myself it will be better in the end and worth it
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! I love this site.
  • ralevin
    ralevin Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    you should probably eat some of those "extra calories", or else it actually won't last...

Ack! Really? Anyone else have the same experience?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!