Saying Hello, at last.

Options
:wink:
Hi, I'm new-ish. Have a pretty ambitious goal ahead of me.

I'm off of birth control, so at least I don't have stupid hormones working against me (not for much longer, at least).
Also, I take celexa. When my doc first prescribed it, I dropped 30 lbs with no lifestyle change at all. The weight fell off so fast that we couldn't afford to buy me clothes. It was totally unexpected.
Well, don't you know, I had a depo provera shot five months ago and it packed all thirty right back on me in short order, plus I was an emotional disaster.
I'm trying MFP to help get rid of the 30 and then some, if possible.
My calorie goal is 1200 a day, but less than 1500. I also try to exercise or work around the house 3-5 days a week so I don't get flabby.

Since I started counting calories in December (and abruptly catching the worst flu I've ever had), I have found myself very out of touch with when my body is actually hungry. I end up under my calorie goal some days (1200) and MFP fusses at me for not eating enough. I only worry because I used to be anorexic when I was a teenager.

All thoughts welcome!
Thanks,
Soaked In Bleach

Replies

• charmingeffects
    Options
    Hi! I am nearly 57 years old and I am miserable in my body. My weight has caused health issues which I am sure that will cause more serious problems soon if I don't take care of this. My son is getting married in March and I would like to look an feel a little better by then. As far as exercise goes, I haven't done it. I have fibromyalgia and arthritis from head to toe. I haven't been able to afford to buy all of the "right foods" . I am trying to pick myself and move on to a better lifestyle but I need support. Help anyone!
  • soakedinbleach
    Options
    There is a book I have called Strong Women Stay Young that you may like. You just start out very slowly and make your routine. The best thing about books is that you can go as slowly as you need to because you don't have to keep up with it like a DVD or a video game. You have pain issues, so you can work at your own pace and not lose your motivation.
    Cheers,
    SiB