Will the REAL Daario Naharis please stand up? (GoT spoilers)

ilovehlloktty
ilovehlloktty Posts: 31 Member
In January I got snowed into my house for a week. At first it was great, I didn't mind not leaving my house. Then by the second day I felt like Rapunzel! I'm all "When will my life begin?". After complaining to my brother about my boredom and cabin fever he told me to start watching Game of Thrones. I had thought about jumping on that bandwagon before but I wasn't sure I could stomach a show about a bunch of backstabbing smelly people that haven't bathed in years. However, I gave it one episode. Well, you can't just give it one episode. I learned that the hard way. 4 days later I had plowed through the whole series and it was the biggest emotional roller coaster I had ever been on!

I kind of fell in love with Drogo. At first I hated his stupid face and I was mad at how he treated Khaleesi. Then the whole "Tonight I would look upon your face." thing happened and their relationship changed. I loved his sexy primal look he always had and the genuine concern for the 'Moon of his life". I was pretty gutted when he had to go and I thought that would be the end of the road for Khaleesi.. and me.

We have to admit that the show has many attractive woman but all the men are just.. not attractive?.. excluding Jon Snow, and Rob Stark. Not to me anyway. So when Daario was introduced I got excited. FINALLY! An attractive male role that will be romancing the mother of dragons. I loved his cheeky attitude and sex appeal. Those dimples.. oh my goodness. I decided he would heal my wounded heart from Drogo's death and I was really looking forward to their relationship in season 4.

Then for some reason HBO decided to recast Daario? I really just cannot relate to the new cast member at all (sorry Nashville fans). I don't find him attractive, and he lacks that cocky bad boy attitude the first Daario had. I'm really disappointed and part of me hopes his character is killed off because the connection he is supposed to have with Khaleesi just isn't there. I don't find their dialogue or acting together believable. I hope I'm not the only one kind of mad at the change.

Thoughts anyone?

P.s. Sorry about the rambling!

Replies

• ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    I liked the original dude.
  • bsalvato
    bsalvato Posts: 63 Member
    HBO didn't recast him. He left to do a different project apparently. Which really, that's so stupid.
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    I know what you mean. Starbucks changed their reduced fat turkey bacon sandwich. It sucks now.
  • GeorgieLove708
    GeorgieLove708 Posts: 442 Member
    I preferred Skrein as well, but they recast the role because Skrein landed the main role in the Transporter franchise reboot.
  • ilovehlloktty
    HBO didn't recast him. He left to do a different project apparently. Which really, that's so stupid.

I guess I should do my research before whining on message boards :)

Who would leave the Game of Thrones?

Maybe because when you play the Game of Thrones you either win or you die.

I'm so funny! ;)
  • seismicmuffin
    seismicmuffin Posts: 160 Member
    I prefer the new Daario. Obvious pretty boys are not my thing. Neither live up to the book though (yes I'm one of those people).
  • ilovehlloktty
    Just for old times ladies...

tumblr_static_daario-s3_zps1b71149f.jpg
  • ilovehlloktty
    I prefer the new Daario. Obvious pretty boys are not my thing. Neither live up to the book though (yes I'm one of those people).

I want to read the books because I love to read and I love the show but I'm the type of person that compares the two and I will ending up ruining both for myself.

I also heard the books are like reading stereo instructions.
  • seismicmuffin
    seismicmuffin Posts: 160 Member
    I also heard the books are like reading stereo instructions.

Personal opinion. I enjoy them very much, you get a lot more details about all the characters because you are inside their head. To me, they are easier than Lord of the Rings. But my friend, who is huge into LOTR couldn't get into the GoT books OR the show. You can get a paperback at Walmart for like $6, try reading the first one and see how you like it.
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    If you're really gonna complain about it, you should be complaining about why NEITHER ONE actually looks like Daario.

daario_naharis_by_autumn_sacura-d65y2t7.jpg
    this_is_daario_naharis_by_liberlibelula-d694snv.jpg
  • ilovehlloktty
    If you're really gonna complain about it, you should be complaining about why NEITHER ONE actually looks like Daario.

daario_naharis_by_autumn_sacura-d65y2t7.jpg
    this_is_daario_naharis_by_liberlibelula-d694snv.jpg

I don't think that's fair to say. I was talking about the SHOW not the BOOKS.

If we got our panties in a ruffle over every time a show/movie didn't follow a book to a T then we would never enjoy any of it. The HBO series has changed a few things to my understanding, and whether or not Daario has blue hair or not doesn't change the character or his role.

I meant for this thread to be somewhat funny and to relate to a few females who were missing the original Daario.