GPS Watch help

Options
I tried to search the topics but then became overwhelmed. I want to invest in a GPS watch that is pretty user friendly. The only thing that i really want it for is to know my current pace and to be able to see my mileage and overall pace.

Any suggestions??

Replies

• rbiss
    rbiss Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I have a Garmin. The 110 is cheap, but only shows average pace. The other models will show average and current. I love my Garmin.
  • bobbijodmb
    bobbijodmb Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have the forerunner 10?

and for average pace-- is that at the end of the mile or current average pace?
  • KBClimber
    KBClimber Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have a Garmin 110 and I love it. Ive had it for a while and did have some issues with the unit malfunctioning, but I sent it to Garmin and they sent me a new one. I was looking to get a more advanced unit that I can preprogram workouts into, but I havent done much research yet into that.
  • Eric_DeCastro
    Eric_DeCastro Posts: 767 Member
    Options

I believe it's overall average pace. i went for a 5.2 mile run and had to stop at a stoplight and my garmin read 15min average pace. so i think it was an average overall because I was stopped but still had a pace time.
  • scorpio516
    scorpio516 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have the forerunner 10?

My wife's got one. It shows current/instant pace. And lap pace. And overall pace. Might only be able to show one at a time though.

The FR 15 just came out. It does everything the 10 does, but adds a HR, footpod, and almost everything a fitbit/vivofit does. $170-ish

3rd option: Forerunner 220 or 210. 220 is new and awesome. But it's $300 with a HR strap ($250 without). The 210 is what the 220 replaced, it goes for less than $200 now. I know the 210 and 220 will show all kinds of paces, and all at once. You could have 4 screens of nothing but 3 lines of different paces if you really wanted to (I don't know why though ;) )
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options

I believe it's overall average pace. i went for a 5.2 mile run and had to stop at a stoplight and my garmin read 15min average pace. so i think it was an average overall because I was stopped but still had a pace time.

that's a hell of a long stoplight
  • oldguysrule58
    oldguysrule58 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Try forerunner 220 - good screens that you can customize and very simple to operate

Good luck

pat
  • bcoop911
    bcoop911 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I wanted to do the same thing... BUT if you can handle a little extra bulk, I cary my phone and use the map my run app... that app is amazing. I would assume any of the watches compatible with map my run would work well because it has all of that information. I ended up not justifying it because of the cost vs benefit. I am ok with a belt with the phone in it, especially because I use the phone for music also. With the watch, I would still have to carry an Ipod or mp3 player anyway, so 2 things as opposed to 1.
  • SKME2013
    SKME2013 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar RCX5 and love it! Not one of the cheapest though.
    Stef.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    I've done a good bit of research on this and I'm buying a Garmin Forerunner 220 either this week or next. You can save a few $$ skipping the heart rate monitor but I'd recommend getting the entire package.

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/into-sports/running/forerunner-220/prod129397.html
  • thavoice
    thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Garmin 305 I believe.
    Love it.
    You can set the screen to show between 1-4 diff things you want to track.

I use pace alerts during races and physical training test as you can set it to beep when you go too fast, or too slow according to how you set it.