Body Recomp information

Options
Ok guys and Gals,

My wife and I are going to start on a Body Recomp program. Problem is there is so much stuff out there, explaining the best way to do it. Does anyone have any links they think are better than others. Some pointing in the right direction might help us not go down a wrong path or dangerous path.

I am 34 y/o, 5'7'' 163 lbs - Would like to get to around 160 by adding muscle and dropping body fat

Wife is 31 y/o, 5'7'' 125 lbs - She is good at her weight, but would like to tone up and drop some post baby fat and flab.

We both come from an athletic background that includes College sports. She loves to take body pump classes in the gym. We are also going to start training for a triathlon. All recommendations are appreciated.

Replies

• Asher09
    Asher09 Posts: 25
    Options
    bump
  • miss_phat_booty
    Options
    New Rules of Lifting, Strong Lifts.... anything that involves picking heavy things up and putting them down.
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    My DH and I do "Starting Strength" it's a good program for men and women. It's basically lifting and putting down heavy stuff. :smile:
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    Eat at maintain. Eat da proteinz. Lift big.
  • Asher09
    Asher09 Posts: 25
    Options
    bump again. Looking for some website to explore. Thanks for the few suggestions thus far
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,679 Member
    Options
    Here's a great one by a respected Lyle Mcdonald.

bodyrecompositon.com

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    bump again. Looking for some website to explore. Thanks for the few suggestions thus far

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/