42 lbs. gone - with pics!

Options
I began my journey on January 28, 2014, after years of making excuses and being a "victim" to my rheumatoid arthritis and using that as my main excuse for not exercising. I am proof that if I can do this, anybody can! I turn 50 later this year, and this is my birthday present to myself - to finally get healthy! I won't lie, it was really hard getting started - exercise was difficult. But I began doing Leslie Sansone's DVDs and now I'm swimming laps and riding a bicycle. I feel better now than I have in years, and not even halfway through my journey. I received an award at work and our HR manager sent me these pictures, which blew me away! It's hard to see a difference when you see yourself every day in the mirror, but looking at pictures definitely shows the progress. So keep moving forward - we can do this!!!

7ac24a38-8b0d-4aa0-aa2f-916b0f35d4e3_zps8d7038cd.jpg
Liz-After_zps9d0f433c.jpg

Replies

• allison7922
    allison7922 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Great job! You are an inspiration to many!!
  • Grammanut
    Grammanut Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Awesome Job!!! You look fantastic!!!
  • MomforNoah
    MomforNoah Posts: 76
    Options
    Great work ! You look amazing
  • StacyRenee77
    StacyRenee77 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    Wonderful!! You look amazing
  • Jerseygrrl
    Jerseygrrl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Fantastic work! Love the smile!!
  • shaynepoole
    shaynepoole Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    great job - and you look great!
  • serendipitys1003
    serendipitys1003 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Great story! You look great :-) Congratulations
  • RebeccaP1972
    RebeccaP1972 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, You look great!
  • TurquoiseStar
    Options
    I began my journey on January 28, 2014, after years of making excuses and being a "victim" to my rheumatoid arthritis and using that as my main excuse for not exercising. I am proof that if I can do this, anybody can! I turn 50 later this year, and this is my birthday present to myself - to finally get healthy! I won't lie, it was really hard getting started - exercise was difficult. But I began doing Leslie Sansone's DVDs and now I'm swimming laps and riding a bicycle. I feel better now than I have in years, and not even halfway through my journey. I received an award at work and our HR manager sent me these pictures, which blew me away! It's hard to see a difference when you see yourself every day in the mirror, but looking at pictures definitely shows the progress. So keep moving forward - we can do this!!!

7ac24a38-8b0d-4aa0-aa2f-916b0f35d4e3_zps8d7038cd.jpg
    Liz-After_zps9d0f433c.jpg

You look beautiful and really happy! You have truly inspired me this morning. I really needed to see this post. Congrats and thank you
  • sarahsweightlossjourney
    sarahsweightlossjourney Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Awesome! !
  • wendyg311
    wendyg311 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Great Job!! I will be 50 in March and I want to do the same thing.
  • Omoe11
    Omoe11 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look great!
  • atfirstblush
    atfirstblush Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Great job. You look wonderful.
  • ebabcock2014
    ebabcock2014 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!!
  • miss_phat_booty
    Options
    Congrats! Even your name is smaller :wink:
  • NS81
    NS81 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Your smile in both pics is lovely, but the one in the newer photo is gorgeous! Congrats, you look amazing!
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Nice!
  • mandybear014
    mandybear014 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Great job! :flowerforyou:
  • ballito
    ballito Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Great job. You can really see the difference in your face.:flowerforyou:
  • sugarkissprincess
    sugarkissprincess Posts: 2,595 Member
    Options
    Absolutely beautiful, congrats!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!