Treadmill Workouts

Options
I just got my treadmill up and running and was wanting to know what different workouts people that have treadmills on here do!!! It has 6 workout programs which I plan to do! But was wanting to see what kinds yall liked to do??!!

Replies

• Shawnalee0703
    Options
    Intervals are super duper effective! I like doing running intervals and climbing intervals. What about walking backwards(just be careful)? Also using the treadmill while it's off is an idea... it adds resistance. Have fun!
  • jill_wa
    Options
    Google intervals. The people who don't vary their workout are doing themselves a disservice.
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    Google intervals. The people who don't vary their workout are doing themselves a disservice.
    AGREED!
  • darlene98
    darlene98 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Intervals are great and also my trainer has me actually moving the belt without it being on and it is hard!!! I also do side runs on it and it works out my inner thighs.
  • Jubilee
    Jubilee Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    A personal trainer told me about great cardio workout to do on the treadmill that will "melt fat". Speed at 2.8, first minute at incline of 1, second minute incline 2 and all the way up to incline 15 (at 15 minutes). After that start coming down 1 incline per minute till you've completed 30 minutes. The key is to NOT hold on. It's tough- at incline 9 (or 9 minutes) it starts getting really hard. Great sweat, honestly I can't do it without holding on at some point (or points) during the workout.
  • knblocklinge
    Options
    Depends on your fitness level, but I am an avid runner so I only use the treadmill for speed workouts. For instance today, I did 1 mile warm-up, then I started my intervals. 400 M, 800 M, 1,600 M, 1,600 M, 800 M, 400 M all at 10K pace (for me that is an 8:22 mi). Between each interval recover with 400 M. Cool-down for 1 mile. If you are not up to that level, try run/walking it.

Alternative that is much faster workout.

10 min warm-up
    10x30 w/ 1 min recovery between each interval (interpretation....10 30 sec intervals going as fast as you can, followed by a 1 minute recovery. Repeat 10 times)
    10 min cool-down

I a lot more! They definitely make the time one the treadmill go faster, plus give you a better calorie burn.