Hey guys I am a newbie with 150 pounds to lose.

Options
I am 31 and I have been a serious yo yo dieter for the past 3 years. I have not been big all my life. I'm guessing that my metabolism slowed down when I hit my late 20's but my diet remained the same. I hate being fat with a passion. My whole life has come to a stand still. Anyway, I want to take advantage of this MFP support system. So what's going on guys?

Replies

• trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Hi welcome to MFP, I also have a lot of lbs to shift . Good luck with the challenge, FR sent :)
  • drumminor
    drumminor Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks trinatrina.
  • Fourtysevenguy
    Fourtysevenguy Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm new too but i'm with you, time to get to work and feel great again! :)

Turn the negative into a positive and enjoy life, that's my aim! :)

:)
  • Calkarima1
    Calkarima1 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi I'm new to this too. I've loads to lose as well and have sent you a friend request. Hopefully we can keep each other going :-)
  • drumminor
    drumminor Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the wonderful welcome I now know I came to the right place. I would like to know what kind of workouts you guys do? I do elliptical stationary bike and weights. Sometimes I get up put on some music and just dance all around house for 30 minutes.
  • SilentMelody
    SilentMelody Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hey! Don't worry, I've done the on again off again thing a few times. At least you managed to pick it back up, and that's what counts! :) I tend to do a lot of yoga, some cardio stuff and videos on youtube from blogilates and the toneitup girls cause I have a crazy hectic life right now and they're good to do on a time crunch (haha... crunch.. pun unintended)

Anyone else that wants to add me can feel free to do so as well. I try to get on every day for a little bit for all the love and support I can give
  • karas_journey
    karas_journey Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm new here also but not new to the weight loss and gain roller-coaster! Thought I had it in the bad when I lost 155 lbs in 2 years from 2002 to 2004 then.... well you can read my profile and you'll find out more about me if you wish. I'm here and have loads to lose as well so welcome aboard. I'll send a friend request and we can share info and cheer each other on. I had amazing success with www.bodyforlife.com workouts I had barely any loose skin after losing half my weight basically and it's really easy to follow; however, I'm not following their eating plan and ratios I'm lowering my carbs just a bit due to metabolic reasons. Check out their workouts and diet it's free online or you can buy the book if you want. I never did. I'm following The Doctor's Diet - Travis Stork from the show the doctors. But it fits fine with myfitnesspal. Good luck on your journey!