Weird problem

Options
Hi.My name is Mary. I started with my fitness pal to track calories last year but let it fall to the wayside. My weight kept creeping up so I finally decided I needed to make some changes. I started again in March with tracking calories but I've been running since January. I started at 168 pounds and I've slowly brought it down to 162. My body really likes to hang onto it's fat and I wasn't paying attention to my eating until I started tracking my calories so I just kept eating back all my calories. I run three times a week for about 25 minutes and I've managed to get up to almost two miles (for an overweight asthmatic that's really good trust me). I also walk an average of 3-4 miles every day at work. I'm on my feet almost all day. Now my problem. My wedding band doesn't fit. It's too SMALL. Yes it fit fine before and I've lost weight and now it's too small. The jeans and shorts I wore when I was 166 last summer? Too small. My husband looks at me and says it's obvious I've lost weight but I can't get my pants or my ring on to save my life. What gives? Has this happened to anyone else? It's really discouraging. I'm losing weight but I have to go buy bigger pants. I know your body loses weight where it wants to and I'm not trying to target weight loss but seriously this stuff fit me before when I was heavier. Why won't it fit now? :cry:

Replies

• kitxkatxkai
    kitxkatxkai Posts: 26
    Options
    Well I can't say for sure that this is the same problem, but this has also happened with me on a few occasions. Mostly just due to bloat when I really try to push more water through me (I'm terrible at remembering to drink water throughout the day), or when I've been snacking a bit too much on salty foods. Doesn't matter if it's a healthier option or not, for whatever reason I bloat up. So my advice.... double check the salts on a few foods (could be packed with sodium and you wouldn't even know) and your water intake. Who knows! Maybe it's water gain.
    This is a bit of a weird problem, but I hope this helped. :flowerforyou:
  • patandon
    patandon Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks. :)
  • cindagrif
    cindagrif Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I've noticed I can't fit in the capri's I wore last year (they are to tight) even though I am down over 10 pounds from then!
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    If you are taking medication for your asthma then that may be the issue. I suggest consulting with a dietitian to help create a food plan that works with the medication. In the meantime, here is a great place to start building a weight loss foundation that works:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • stferris
    stferris Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I also am having a problem with my wedding ring. I've lost about 25 lbs since March and the ring that I used to have to oil up to get it off now spins loosely in place. I was kind of afraid if lose it so I got a "spacer" put on it to make it fit better. The jeweler said he could just size it down but if like to lose about 10 more pounds before I do that. So there's that option. As for your clothes it is probably just how your body is changing due to the weight loss. What I mean is your losing fat but perhaps things haven't toned up in certain spots yet ( I'm there now) so you may extra skin where you didn't before. Just a thought. Good luck!!