College student... it's now or never.

iGarciax3
iGarciax3 Posts: 14
edited September 22 in Introduce Yourself
Since Highschool I've had a hard time with my weight. All of my friends were skinny, and I was always the chunckyer one in the group. Now I'm in college and I feel like it's time for me to change my lifestyle because I feel like Im leading myself down the wrong path. I definitley need to change some of my choices in life, in the way I eat and carry myself because it can be very dangerous for me... so I'm told...continuosly.

I think I finally wrapped it around my head that I need to do this in order to live a healthier life, I want to be happier.

With that said, hello everyone.

Replies

• Rnohe
    Rnohe Posts: 2
    I just posted something exactly like this! I would love to communicate and support eachother while we try to lose weight in college! :)

My name is Rachel by the way
  • mccorml
    mccorml Posts: 622 Member
    i had the same idea also you go back to your hometown and people get bigger and you are skinnier they be look ooo ahh :)
  • Girl I am so there with you on the "chunkier" friend throughout HS and now college. I want to change for me, so that I don't feel like I am living in the shadows of the "skinny", lol. Best of luck and I hope we both find the people we want to be. :)
  • Hi Rachel, nice to meet you. I'm Ileana :) I think it'd be great to communicate and keep eachother motivated throughout this journey :) I sent you a friend request.

Mccorml: That would be the best feeling ever, everyone would be shocked!

Sabrina: I've always felt somewhat uncomfortable around the "skinnies" lol, best of luck to you too, hope all of your hard work pays off!
  • mccorml
    mccorml Posts: 622 Member
    haha yah it feels great all my friends gained their freshman 15 im not at my goal but everyone noticed if any of you guys need any information or whatever just add me or send a message ive been here since october so if i cant answer a question i can probably help you find out the answer
  • ktowne00
    ktowne00 Posts: 9 Member
    I have a very similar story! Good luck to you, you can do it!
  • I'm like you, but just (maybe) a few years younger. I'm the heaviest friend in my social group and frankly it makes me feel like crap most of the time. I've gotten used to it, but whenever they start talking about prom and dresses, I just shy away or try not to focus on myself. It makes me feel so self-conscious (which ironically I was able to shed a year ago when I changed my look completely), but it came back.

Anyways, I'm bout to enter college and I'm like you. I want to change cause I know I'm living unhealthy. Good Luck!

If you don't mind though, I'll send you a friend request?
    Anyone can add me if they would like.
This discussion has been closed.