Losing Half of Me

Options
Currently I am twice what I should be, so I'm beginning the journey to lose half of my current weight. I'm new to MyFitnessPal and am optimistic for my future. Would welcome any suggestions, advice and of course encouragement along the way.

Replies

• juliacatherinew
    juliacatherinew Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i think its important to realise that you WILL have bad days, temptation and relapses into old habits.
    One bad snack, meal, day or week isnt a reason to give up!
    A good quote i read on another thread on here was 'the cookie wont taste as good as skinny will feel'.
    Good Luck!
  • husstler
    husstler Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Progress, not perfection! You can do this.
  • dudemanh
    Options
    I understand how daunting that task can seem. as long as you keep it up and follow the calorie counter, you shouldnt have any problems. good luck with your endeavor
  • SandraMay1982
    Options
    At the start. My goal was a little JUST over half of me. Now it's JUST under *L* It's VERY daunting and it's going to be a long hard task, and frustrating. So long as you remember that you are in for life, it's not a quick fix, and you will have rough patches, you will do just fine!

:)
  • howardrw
    howardrw Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    While you are on this journey, just like others posted, you will have setback, lapse and sometimes just want to give up, but don't.
    You will be tempted many, many times, but once again just keep the "FAITH".
    Try if possible to do some form of exercise every other day until you feel good enough to workout up to 5 times a week.
    Whatever you do when it comes to food intake, just make sure that you get some type of exercise in, that will at least make you feel better if you cheated that day.

If you wish, you can add me as a "FRIEND" and together with MFP community we will try and give you all of the support that you need.

Especially on the days when you feel like giving up......
  • Disciplined74
    Disciplined74 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat. I'll send you a friend request so we can support each other.

I actually started at 370 so I needed to loose MORE than half of myself. I have lost 30 pounds since Sept and am just NOW getting to the point that I have 1/2 my body weight to lose. But I'm getting there. I started at a nice round 200 pounds as my weight loss goal. And although I still have 170 pounds left, I feel like I am on the downhill.

One of the best suggestions I can give at this point is to find a weight loss calculator site because it will give you an idea of a target date. Mine is March 2014. At first I was REALLY disappointed when I read that because it seemed FOREVER away. But in a way it was the best thing I did.

It was a reality check. I realized that this is NOT a quick fix. T his isn't something I can do for the day or the month. I have to make lifestyle changes and this has to be a longterm, lifetime commitment.

It was disheartening but it was the way I was able to break myself completely down so I can build up from there.

You are in it for the long haul but you are in the right place. This is the most encouraging site. I know you find it very helpful.

You are on the right path. Keep going. Let me know what I can do to help.

Eva