Drinking Aloe Vera gel - experiences?

Options
I've just started drinking aloe vera gel - working my way up to a 60ml shot every day when I get up. Does anyone have experience of using it long term? What do you think?

I am taking it for 2 reasons - mainly to 'regulate' myself (I have IBS issues) and because I am prone to outbreaks of psoriasis which I HATE.

It isn't cheap - it's going to cost me the same each month as my gym membership - but i don't mind if it's worth it. I know it will take a while before I can guage its effects, but I'm impatient so would love to hear about anyone elses experiences with it.

(It's the Forever Living brand I use by the way).

Replies

• lustyrusty
    lustyrusty Posts: 46
    Options
    I don't know about drinking it but I use it on my skin and it's brilliant. If you try in your local chemist you can ususally get it much cheaper. I know my gel is about a third of the price.
  • m1zk0
    m1zk0 Posts: 9
    Options
    drinking aloe vera GEL!? I live in Korea and we drink aloe vera juice (little pieces of aloe vera are in it), but i've never heard of drinking gel. Surely it isn't the same kind you put on your skin haha? I'm very curious about this!
  • lustyrusty
    lustyrusty Posts: 46
    Options
    Oops I meant I use the gel on my skin! Bit early in the morning for me yet!
  • MaryElizabeth10
    Options
    drinking aloe vera GEL!? I live in Korea and we drink aloe vera juice (little pieces of aloe vera are in it), but i've never heard of drinking gel. Surely it isn't the same kind you put on your skin haha? I'm very curious about this!

Yeah it is basically juice, they just call it a gel. It's quite thick (way thicker than orange juice) and has pieces of aloe in it too. if you google Forever Living aloe vera drinking gel you will see what it is!
  • chantell7
    chantell7 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I got hives from it. It was to strong for my body . =(
  • LickyNees
    LickyNees Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I've tried doing this on 2 occasions. On both occasions I got half way through the bottle.

I didnt notice any change, then again I didnt finish the course...
  • bprague
    bprague Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I'm currently trying it. I can't say I've noticed a difference, but I'm only halfway through my bottle (taking 2 oz per day). Can anyone recommend a brand that doesn't smell and taste like BO? I think the citric acid they used in the Lily of the Valley brand makes it plain nasty.
  • estelle74uk
    estelle74uk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I have just started drinking it with digestive aid from Holland and Barrett for IBS, fingers crossed it works, but im also just starting to take digestive enzymes and probiotics in tablet form as well. Good Luck. Not sure whether it works either.
  • alondrafd
    alondrafd Posts: 18
    Options
    I was researching about the forever products around here and I came across your post, did you kept on drinking it and if you did, did you notice changes, I'm saying cause I am drinking it along with the probiotic and the argi+, I do have more energy and I do go to the restroom more often which is a relief I would go once a day or nono at all for days :-( (btw I've on it for 3 weeks as of today)
  • mtromp
    mtromp Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I drink Aloe Vera Juice (2 oz.) every night before I go to bed. I swear by it ... it is the best product I've ever taken. I also sell it, so if interested, give me a shout! It is approx. $26.00/ 30 oz. (1 month supply).

Margie :)
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I took a huge swig of it once thinking it was homemade limeade. It was a horrible experience =)
  • heatgal976
    heatgal976 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure about the gel, but my mother(in her 70s) has been drinking an aloe vera mix for ages. She usually takes the jelly inside of the aloe and blends it with water and drinks it. She swears that it keeps her healthy.
  • surfinbird_1981
    surfinbird_1981 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I love it :smile:
  • Sarita2724
    Sarita2724 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Its definately the best on the market, i used to be a forever living rep... my husband still drinks it, its pretty good and does help with IBS issues. There are alot of testimonials on their website too. its a natural product so yeah very good.
  • MissBabyJane
    MissBabyJane Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I love it! My immune system used to be very weak, and I would get every cold, flu and stuff whenever possible. I was constantly sick! I started to change my lifestyle (working out, eathing healthier) and started to drink aloe vera gel and I feel really good!
  • cboutin89
    cboutin89 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I mixed it in a blueberry smoothie that I just made and it was so disgusting. Even after using sugar and lemon the taste was too strong. From now on I am just going to use it on my skin and hair.
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I used to drink it with just water. It made me go to the bathroom a lot, but I'm not sure if it really did anything else.
  • marycatherine000
    Options
    I love Aloe Vera gel! The premade drinks you can get at whole foods and Asian markets are really good (probably not super healthy). I don't know what kind of gel y'all are drinking that cost as much as a gym membership.That's crazy. My dad has a big plant and I have a little potted one so I just cut off an arm, scrape the gel out, and mix it in with water or juice. Cucumber, and watermelon infused water tastes especially good with it. I wasn't aware it had any health benefits but if you can afford it I definitely suggest trying.
  • NancyKhuu
    NancyKhuu Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    My grand mother used to have a garden full of aloe plants so I drank the juice very often. If you don't add lots of sugar it can't hurt. I don't know how much it cost if you buy it pre made or having to buy the plant.
    Oh and consider making aloe jello with gelatin, sweeteners and water or coconut water. They're delicious :)
  • messiahs
    messiahs Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    is it just me or does psypha's comment sound like an automated sale spam?