Will I lose weight at 1700cals? Is this amount too high?

I want to lose weight, by eating 1700cals.. I actually think this might be too high and make it a slow process. Ive ate like this for 3days. I feel kinda hungry but mostly @ night. I weigh 70kgs and am 170cm tall. I aim to diet 6days and cheatmeal on 7th. My bmr is around 1550cals. I exercise by walking and occasionally weights, and aim to burn like 200cals. How long would it take to lise a kg?

Replies

• mymodernbabylon
    mymodernbabylon Posts: 1,038 Member
    We can't tell you how long it'll take to lose weight. Have you checked out any of the sites about TDEE and BMR? If so, they should give you an idea of what you need to eat to lose weight and at what pace. My fav is the Scooby.http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

I've been working out regularly and eating more calories than you and losing about 1/2 lb per week. And I weight less and am a bit shorter than you too.
  • lolapopX
    lolapopX Posts: 11 Member
    'Daily calories based on step six' is 1713.

and 20.3kgs loss in a year, so like 0.4kgs a week.

Is this what I was looking for? :)
  • RCMPWannaBe
    RCMPWannaBe Posts: 84 Member
    I love this one! http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/

Honestly though, it depends on your body type and activity level. A guy friend of mine has to eat 3,000 cals a day to keep his weight where it's at (He's a little pudgy but works a physically demanding job), where as a friend of mine has to eat about 1,700 to MAINTAIN, not lose. She's also 5'2" and is only a little active, whereas I aim to eat 1,700 to lose.

Keep an open mind. Give it a couple weeks, not a couple days. :)

Editing to address your concerns about feeling hungry.

Eat more protein and whole grains. Things like white bread don't fill you up as well as say, whole grain might, has less nutrients, and often has the same or more amount of calories than white bread. Just eating less doesn't always work - you have to adjust your diet to make your body feel more at home with the changes.

Try having an egg, Greek yogurt, or even a protein shake (though I prefer to eat my calories, not drink them, personally) to help you feel fuller with each meal. Anything with protein is good! Most meats and nuts should help with the feeling of hunger. Also, sometimes late night eating is just put into our mind because our body is tired and trying to help you feel good. Eating stimulates dopamine release, which is essentially your brain saying "Awww yeah, life's good!", but eating doesn't release as much dopamine as, say, exercise! Try doing some calisthenics, or even distract yourself for fifteen minutes if you feel hungry. If you still feel hungry after you've kept yourself busy for fifteen minutes, have a healthy, high protein snack.
  • fushigi1988
    fushigi1988 Posts: 519 Member
    Not too high, I'm 180 cm tall, around 75 kg and slowly losing BF% on 2500 calories a day.
    Just stay active and get your protein :)
  • Carley
    Carley Posts: 88
    My calorie allowance is 1800, I seem to stay around 1500. Gives me plenty of room to breathe and not panic.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    'Daily calories based on step six' is 1713.

and 20.3kgs loss in a year, so like 0.4kgs a week.

Is this what I was looking for? :)

This seems right. Just be wary of your cheat day because a small deficit can mean one day of excessive overindulgence can undo your efforts.
  • lolapopX
    lolapopX Posts: 11 Member
    Yes! I was also thinking that cheatmeals might actually undo my progress :/... could.you suggest a caloric amount that would nt undo my progress for c.m