am i eating enough?

Options
Hi could anyone advise me about nutrition? Am on 1200 calories a day, but most days I get at least 300 extra calories from excersising. If I don't eat my 1200 + extra excersise calories will this stop me from losing weight? Would my body then go into starvation mode? I only lost 1/2 pound last week even though I was a good girl! Any advise appreciated :-)

Replies

• KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    According to your profile you only have 13lb left to lose. Therefore you should be aiming to lose 0.5 to 1 lb per week. Set your MFP goals accordingly. 1200 is pretty aggressive and only really suitable for someone with a lot of weight to lose.
  • Zoe_lifts
    Zoe_lifts Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    According to your profile you only have 13lb left to lose. Therefore you should be aiming to lose 0.5 to 1 lb per week. Set your MFP goals accordingly. 1200 is pretty aggressive and only really suitable for someone with a lot of weight to lose.
    This
  • 95Tashey95
    95Tashey95 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I am kinda confused by this

people are saying that 1200 is very low amount of cals to be on unless you are have a lot to loose so set it to lose just between 0.5-1lb

But, if I set mine to just 1lb a week then it puts it on 1200 cals that I should be eating

Generally I try to eat between 1200-1400 but I was just a bit confused by this and pretty much have the same questions as Cleverclogs37 as I think I am in the same situation as her
  • cleverclogs37
    Options
    Thanks am going on hol in july hence the panic! Lol. I did fill in the thing on this site which recommended that I aim for 1200 and I thought that losing 1 -2 lbs per wekk was quite a healthy way to go. ore cake then really?
  • cleverclogs37
    Options
    More cake even...