2 weeks no weight loss.. Help!

Options
So I'm 5'5 and weigh 200lbs and have a psw job. Lightly active. Plus I use a treadmill for jogging/walking switching up incline for 60 minutes about 4-5 times a week. Burning 500 cals and eating a few back. Or none. I have my goal set for 1320 cals a day for 2lbs loss a week. I haven't lost any weight as per my scale! As for measurements I'm down 2 inches.. It's not very motivating when the scale isn't dropping but in general I feel better and my clothes feel like they for better. But I'd love to see some results... I'm pretty good with keeping around the 1320 cals and keeping my eating healthy. Sooo why haven't I seen a change of numbers on the scale?
I tried this site to see what calorie intake I should do, and this site goes by different weight sets and changing up calories as u hit that weight. So for 200lbs it says I should be eating like 1500 sum calories...
http://www.healthyweightforum.org/eng/calculators/calories-required/

So now I don't know what to do? Any info would help. I lost quite a bit of weight a year ago and then gained back 10lbs and now it's been about 3 months since I've gotten back into regular exercise and watching what I eat. Not sure of that would qualify this as a plateau. Please help :)

Replies

• GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    water weight from all the exercise and possibly sodium along with some other things.

If you are seeing results with the tape measure and your clothes, who cares what the scale says? You are making good progress. Just stick to it and the number will start to change as well.
  • GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    by the way, you definitely are not plateau'd.

You are probably going to get a lot of "eat more" or "eat less" responses, but if you feel OK with your routine, you are seeing real results, my advice is to stick with what is working until it quits working.
  • erialcelyob
    erialcelyob Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I'm jealous - no weight loss for me this year yet
  • in2theblu
    in2theblu Posts: 42
    Options
    Thanks .. Well I'm apart of a "biggest loser" at work and numerical results are a must lol.. Any idea what the carbs and protein and fat % are suppose to be at?
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    The thing with weight loss is that it's a numbers game. Most of the numbers we plug in are estimates, at best. This link has tons of good information about formulating a plan that you can work with success. Hope it helps!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1175494-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • DrJenO
    DrJenO Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are weighing/measuring your food properly. You might be eating more than you think.

I am 5' 6", weight just a few pounds less, and I am losing a pound a week netting 1760 (actually eat 1900-2500 per day, depending on my exercise). I know you want to lose weight quickly for your work thing, but you might consider upping your calorie goal when the contest is over. If you consistent undereat, you will find yourself hungry and killing your deficit with one or two oh-I-just-won't-track-this-one-or-two-days.
  • LaneB89
    LaneB89 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Thanks .. Well I'm apart of a "biggest loser" at work and numerical results are a must lol.. Any idea what the carbs and protein and fat % are suppose to be at?

You're better off looking at grams, not percentages. Personally I would recommend 120ish grams (at least 100+) of protein along with weight lifting to encourage retention of lean body mass. You're going to be very upset with your weight loss progress if half of it ends up being muscle. Your metabolism will slow, making it harder to reach your goal weight, and you will look less fit when you get there. After protein, you should be looking at at least 60g fats. From there, make up the remainder of your daily intake with carbs. If your goal is 1320 calories a day, that equals 75g carbs.
  • in2theblu
    Options
    Ok so how do I set all that in MFP for the carb protein fat section. If it's in grams I mean. MFP has %'s
  • LaneB89
    LaneB89 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Ok so how do I set all that in MFP for the carb protein fat section. If it's in grams I mean. MFP has %'s

It's annoying, you sort of just fiddle with the percentages and hit the update button, and it'll spit out grams on the side. You just have to keep tweaking the percentages to get the right amount of grams. That said, be aware that this is not weight loss advice - the right macros are not going to help you lose weight. They may help you feel more sated and retain lean mass better, but the weight loss is strictly your calories and exercise.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    That's why 'biggest loser' things suck, especially for women. With hormones and periods it's not uncommon at all to stall for 2-3 weeks every month. It doesn't mean that you're doing anything wrong... just that you are retaining water.
  • Chuppy2
    Chuppy2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough snacks? 2 - 3 per day at 100 - 150 calories with the highest protein available! Protein burns fat so adjust your goal levels so that 40% of your calorie intake is protein! I also use Herbalife products to help me reach my goals. I've lost 54# and have kept it off for over a year! Let me know if you'd like to try some samples!
  • sadrithmora
    sadrithmora Posts: 121
    Options
    Biggest loser really does suck. Not only it encourages unhealthy weight loss, turns something genuinely good like getting fit into a competition, but also discourages people who lose fat (note-not WEIGHT) in a healthy way, making them feel like losers. If you measurements are down, you're doing great. Really great! Losing muscle while losing weight will make the numbers on that scale go down, sure, but it will not lead to anything good. Muscles burn calories just by being there. So eat your protein and keep at it, you'll soon be checking yourself out in the mall mirrors wearing all that new pretty clothes and draw jealous glances from the real losers who lost weight but ended up unhealthier than they were. Don't give up!
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    No such thing as a plateau. This is a make believe term. If you are not losing weight, you are not eating at a deficit.
  • in2theblu
    Options
    Definitely! Awesome advice u guys! Thanks for the support. I guess when I was heavier (225lbs) it seemed like 20lbs came off in a breeze!
    I'll just keep doing what I'm doing... And hopefully something falls lol as for the biggest loser thing, it was just a team building thing at work... There are heavier people involved so I guess they are going by weightloss percentage to keep it fair? I don't know anyways.. Going at my own pace and definitely not starving myself at all. If I win that's great if not but I still can feel better and shed a few pounds then I figure I still win. :)
  • sadrithmora
    sadrithmora Posts: 121
    Options
    That's the spirit, you can do it! And don't let others tell you otherwise :)