New Here!

Options
Hi everyone!

I had to re-do my whole profile (formerly roldgold831) - but anyway, I am currently doing South Beach in the hopes of losing 50 lbs and lowering my cholesterol / triglycerides.

I've been at this for 2 weeks already, and I know it isn't going to be easy, but I'm determined! Hoping to make some friends along the way as well!

Replies

• debbie45aw
    debbie45aw Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi there,

I'm also new to this.i'm doing the optislim diet,1,200 cals or less a day.i did do weight watcher for almost a yr and lost about 1-2 stone,but I was getting a bit fed up with having to convert everything into points lol.at least calories are on most things eh.
    whats the south beach diet then?
  • Harrysmommy
    Options
    Hi Debbie!

I tried weight watchers too but I wasn't having much success on it. I've been on South Beach for 2 weeks now and have lost a little over 3 lbs (my ticker wouldn't allow me to reflect that)

South Beach has 3 "phases"...phase 1 is the strictest phase. This is where you are not allowed any breads, pastas, carbs of any kind, and no fruit or alcohol either. This goes on for 2 weeks, then you move to phase 2, when the diet gets a little more lenient and you are allowed to slowly introduce some good carbs back into your diet. Phase 3 is maintenance.

I am currently in phase 1 and I have decided to do it for one more week.
  • Irishb118
    Irishb118 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I did South Beach three times now. When I did it I was very determined and spent 7 months doing it faithfully and did great! Weight loss not huge, but inches were! Body toned a lot and I looked fit. Sad to say, South Beach is very tough, or I thought it was. Giving up all of the things I love was not something I could commit to for my life time. I love sugar and Splenda is NOT real sugar for a person who has that addiction or craving.

It is a huge adjustment and like I said, I spent 21 months total on it. Each time I went back to eating anything that was forbidden I went to hell in a hurry. So, I am not tracking calories and am NOT going to give up all of my yummy things. But, I will tell you, if you can commit your life to eating the way SB suggests, you will feel better and you will look great .