Noogynoogs
Noogynoogs Posts: 1,028 Member
Anyone with OCD. I have to check plug sockets are switched off 2 times

Replies

• surfinbird_1981
    surfinbird_1981 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Me...

I don't touch any doors handles/doors etc with my hands.
    I check my phone's wake up alarm 10 consecutive times before going to bed.
    Everything must be equal (food/weights/measures).
    I colour code the cleaning sponges/cloths for particular parts of the kitchen.
    Everything has to be symmetrical (I'm pretty gutted that I have a mole next to my mouth, weird eh).
  • DBoone85
    DBoone85 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I keep checking back to see if anyone else has posted to this thread.

Does that count?
  • PinkyFett
    PinkyFett Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I have a "locking my doors" kind of fetish. I have to lock the doors all the time. I check them several times and sometimes 3 or 4 times before I go to bed. I've become a little paranoid having a daughter.

Don't forget the windows!
  • Noogynoogs
    Options
    That counts - defo OCD tendencies. Lol
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,259 Member
    Options
    OMG!!! THE STOVE WE FOR GOT TO CHECK THE STOVE THE THIRD TIME!!!
  • BreeJaxon
    BreeJaxon Posts: 128
    Options
    Yea BAD! I have therapist (s) and meds!!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Nothing debilitating to my life.
  • ashdawg8790
    ashdawg8790 Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Me...

I don't touch any doors handles/doors etc with my hands.
    I check my phone's wake up alarm 10 consecutive times before going to bed.
    Everything must be equal (food/weights/measures).
    I colour code the cleaning sponges/cloths for particular parts of the kitchen.
    Everything has to be symmetrical (I'm pretty gutted that I have a mole next to my mouth, weird eh).

Oh my gosh the cleaning sponge thing is genuis! :)
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    ...raising my hand....yep, I am and no, its really not a bad thing
  • kburns0709
    kburns0709 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    My OCD is pure O so it's all in my head. I tend to be really afraid that I'm going to start doing something embarrassing, like start screaming in a meeting or things like that. More on the intrusive thoughts side of it, so no rituals or anything.

ETA - While I don't have rituals, I do feel comforted by symmetry and cleanliness so I keep everything very clean and organized at my office and home.
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    *raises hand*

thanks for reminding me to take my meds :laugh:
  • laurie04427
    laurie04427 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    My OCD is pure O so it's all in my head. I tend to be really afraid that I'm going to start doing something embarrassing, like start screaming in a meeting or things like that. More on the intrusive thoughts side of it, so no rituals or anything.
    Heh I thought I was the only one. Sometimes I'm actually tempted to DO IT (start going nuts in a meeting) just to get it out of my system and over with once and for all lol. I always just chaulked it up to being naturally inpatient and fidgety.
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    The volume to the radio in the car has to be on an even number and the volume to the TV has to be in increments of 5 only.
  • DBoone85
    DBoone85 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    *raises hand*

thanks for reminding me to take my meds :laugh:

Are you sure you did not already take them? Better count whats left. Then count again to be sure....
  • becky10rp
    becky10rp Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Hi, Friend!

Lots of 'rituals' -

- must check alarm before I got to bed about 10 times to make sure it's set properly
    - must work out for at least an hour every day
    - when I drive to work, I have to park in the same spot in my parking garage (if that spot is taken - it's a sad day........)!
    - when I go to the mall I park in the same location
    - when I eat a meal I have to have one bite of everything remaining at the end of the meal
    - I am an habitually 'early' person - if I'm EVER late for something - I get panicky
    There's more, but I don't want to bore you..........................!
    Your Friend/Freak - Becky!
  • Noogynoogs
    Options
    Feeling better, it's not just me!
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,259 Member
    Options
    The volume to the radio in the car has to be on an even number and the volume to the TV has to be in increments of 5 only.

^^^ This too!!! Well actually everything has to be divisible by 2, and to many others to begin listing.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    The plates in my gym have to be "set" right before I work out or I'll keep staring at them. So I rearrange the racks (all of them) to create uniformity (all racks have the equal number of denomination of plate on them). Too many plates stacked wrong bugs the **** out of me.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition