Potato chip trip

Options
Day 5--Completed... Lots of back and forth today---wanted to eat those dang chips. My husband had some BBQ chips in the cupboard. They were very tempting. I looked at them many times and keep telling myself it was not worth it. Knowing that I planned to record this and that my goal is to make it thru 30 days with no chips--I just kept reminding myself that I did not want to start at day one again. Another reminder of just how useful this site is. So thank you all for just being out there---even those who will never read this and not even know it was posted----I am using all your positive energies to help me.:smile::flowerforyou:

Replies

• cynthiaaknox
    Options
    ...same scenario here- chips in the cupboard. HOWEVER, I tossed them last night- almost full- in the garbage. I know my husband will be looking for them- but I felt this is better for me as well as him! This is my first day..
  • want2BthinRN
    Options
    Good job!!
  • lal73
    lal73 Posts: 116
    Options
    I know the feeling,,, Potato chips are my DOWNFALL!!!! I just wont buy them anymore and refuse to go down the chip isle...LOL:noway:
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    They are bad for me too. And I kind of feel like a food waster though, because I went through the pantry and tossed so much food! Granted, it was bad food for me....but hopefully it'll help!
    You could ask your husband to hide the chips so you don't find them. My husband does that when he gets yummy chocolate that he doesn't want to share :) It helps me though!
  • idivadi
    idivadi Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    ...same scenario here- chips in the cupboard. HOWEVER, I tossed them last night- almost full- in the garbage. I know my husband will be looking for them- but I felt this is better for me as well as him! This is my first day..

WELCOME ---Day 1 --good for you. I didn't toss my husbands (maybe I should have --haha--I would have slept better) However I do see that they are gone this am--He said he would take them to work and that way I would not be tempted. Now to not have them in the house in the furture..... He has tried hiding them but I seem to have a built in chip detector.
  • idivadi
    idivadi Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    To everyone of us on the chip trip Good Luck for the day. Happy travels.