Humblebrag about Food Diary

Options
Mikkimeow
Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
As is commonly thrown out here on the forums, it is difficult to ascertain whether a person is adequately meeting their goals without an open food diary. How are we supposed to know why you aren't losing weight if we don't know what you are eating? I am curious about other MFPer's diarys, and whom thinks they have a legit awesome diary. (Not saying mine is perfect, I don't track on weekends and sometimes I eat donuts). What is a typical day for you? What are you focusing most on, macros, calories, water intake, vegetarian (GASP), paleo, gluten free? Do you think you are the best? Humblebragging can commence.

Replies

• martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Macros and calories. I don't compete, so water weight isn't an issue when it comes to sodium.... plus, you just piss it all out from water anyhow.

On Saturday I stop a local pastry shop ... grab some cookies, slice of cake, and a cream-horn and watch blu-rays all day. I use the weekends to literally not do ANYTHING unless my wife tells me to.
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Macros and calories. I don't compete, so water weight isn't an issue when it comes to sodium.... plus, you just piss it all out from water anyhow.

On Saturday I stop a local pastry shop ... grab some cookies, slice of cake, and a cream-horn and watch blu-rays all day. I use the weekends to literally not do ANYTHING unless my wife tells me to.

Haha weekends are the best. If my eating is on point and I don't stack up on crap, I don't feel terrible about having some delicious whatever on Saturday and Sunday. I weigh on Wednesdays, so whatever I gained in water weight over the weekend is usually gone by then.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    my diary is pretty good...I am gonna say 93%. I don't eat at Resturants often...usually take out and I weigh it at home...

Usually hit my Protien macros, stay in goal and have a wide variety of food weighed and the entries reflect it...

typically day for me is 3 good meals, snacks that always include chocolate.

I do track everyday...if there is no tracking it is because I was away for a week at an all inclusive with no internet...

Even if I am away at the cottage (again no internet) I will log it the next day because I've written it down and weighed it.

Only thing that gets me if my fat macro...always over it...always...or if I eat at a resturant...I typically don't eat out at chain resturants...so I can't get the nutritional data so it's always a guess.
  • stephv38
    stephv38 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I am working on being 98.5% accurate! :) Or better. Changing a perspective of fear of judgement to one that it is my data that I need to know to see how I can improve... or more importantly, what is the max I can eat to maintain given level of exercise! Its all info baby!
  • IndecisiveGirl2013
    IndecisiveGirl2013 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Ive only recently started tracking on here and at the moment I just aim to hit my protein macros and make sure my calories are high enough. I've also been interested in other people's food diaries.

Next I wanna work on getting my fat macro and once I do that my diary should be pretty good.
  • veganbettie
    veganbettie Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    My diary is crap.

But at least i'm trying, and i'm tracking. But I for sure need to make more of an effort to get in protein.
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I've only been tracking here for a couple of weeks but it's an accurate representation of my eating habits.
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Meh. Depends on when you look. Mine is usually decent, and has been the last couple days, but I really killed it over the weekend. I'd say that my logging is accurate, but some people might not agree with my food choices.
  • wannakimmy
    wannakimmy Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I know that I don't eat entirely healthy. I have a long way to go there. However, I do log honestly everything that I eat. I do not as of right now track macro/micro thing as I do not understand it. I need to research this more. What I am doing right now seems to be working. As I get closer to my goal, I will have learned more about a healthy lifestyle along the way. Small changes are good for me. They way I look at it is the only person who will suffer from me not logging properly is me. So, why should I lie to myself.
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    My logging is 90 + % accurate as I weigh everything i can possibly weigh.
    My friends and family are just used to me hauling out my scale whenever I am over now.

I think my intake is fantastic, some would disagree.
    Calories were what i was tracking.

Last few weeks (month) been working on my macros and trying to figure out what works for me, and meeting them!

ETA : spelling is hard sometimes
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I log everything, weigh everything. The only things I pay attention to are calories and protein (I try to reach 1g of protein per pound of lean mass... so about 110g a day). I'm under my goal about 2/3 of the time, eating up to maintenance the rest of the time (I can be over by 45 or 300 really). I hit my protein goal about 90% of the time.

I could definitely eat much 'better', but I like my sweets, so as long as it fits and I stay under maintenance, I don't really care.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I log everything- almost every day- weekends are hit or miss- I log 90% of what I eat- it just totally depends on the day- but almost every morsal I eat gets logged.

my diary is AWESOME. cookies and ice cream almost every day.

so full of win.