Kesha will lead by example

Options
keshabbaker
keshabbaker Posts: 152 Member
I am posting my success story today because I feeling a little discouraged I keep losing and gaining the same five pounds for the last month now. I have been doing terrible on the weekends with my eating and then during the week I do great and lose the 2-5 pounds I gained over the weekend. I need to stay focused and not let temptation get the best of me.
*Well check out my Profile picture to see some of my results in the last four months.
*I have only lost 15 pounds but I think I have lost more inches then anything.
*The bottom two pictures are Jan. 27th 2014 top picture is April 27th the middle picture picture are March 27th.

Replies

• LifeLived
    LifeLived Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Keep going hun! That happens to the best of us!
  • keshabbaker
    Options
    Thanks you
  • goalss4nika
    goalss4nika Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Honesty is best! Just keep going :flowerforyou:
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    You most likely aren't gaining and losing the same 2-5 pounds.

The body weight fluxes over the day- and fluxes from day to day- I can weight 170 after the weekend because I'll have had beer and pizza (regularly) and by Tuesday/Wednesday I'm back down to 166.

It might be time to re-evaluate your TDEE/Calorie goals and make sure it meets your fitness requirements and your new weight.

Congrats on the loss thus far- and keep up the good work- it will happen for you.
  • EllenTebbits
    EllenTebbits Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I needed this post today! Thank you for sharing. We all struggle with this from time to time...
  • lrob98
    lrob98 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You most likely aren't gaining and losing the same 2-5 pounds.

The body weight fluxes over the day- and fluxes from day to day- I can weight 170 after the weekend because I'll have had beer and pizza (regularly) and by Tuesday/Wednesday I'm back down to 166.

It might be time to re-evaluate your TDEE/Calorie goals and make sure it meets your fitness requirements and your new weight.

Congrats on the loss thus far- and keep up the good work- it will happen for you.

^Agreed. I currently weigh in weekly. If I reach a point where I plateau, I review my calories over the course of a week. If, over the past week, it looks like I was within my caloric range for there to be a loss, I re-calculate my TDEE/calorie goals for my current weight. From what I've seen of my progress, I have to adjust my calories every 10-15lbs.

Keep focused, you're doing well!
  • keshabbaker
    Options
    thank you so much, I started out with 1750 calories but a month ago put it down to 1500 a day so I hope it will help. The only problem is my constancy I will eat 2000 on the weekend easily and I don't track it cause I don't even want to know.
  • gettinhealthynfit
    Options
    Weekends are really hard, I agree. I just try to keep myself busy with chores/hobbies and not think about food. And stay far away from the tv!! Most of the time that works for me but not always. Keep your eye on the prize lady - you're doing GREAT!!!!!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    thank you so much, I started out with 1750 calories but a month ago put it down to 1500 a day so I hope it will help. The only problem is my constancy I will eat 2000 on the weekend easily and I don't track it cause I don't even want to know.

the point of tracking isn't to give you a gold star on just your good days- it's to track good AND bad days- so track.

Even on my fatty cake days- I make a concerted (albiet sometimes painful) effort to track. And yes- there are days when I'm not happy about it- but meh- the average wins over the single day. I.E. Usually once or twice a month- I have a day where I do not exercise- I have breakfast- lunch- dinner- beer- and dessert. And dinner is full blown large ordered out pizza and 2-4 beers. And then 2-3 servings of ice cream on top of crushed oreos'.

I have wracked up 3500 or so on a none workout day (I'm aiming on my cut for 1600-1700)... I can still come in at a deficit for the week of several hundred calories- even though that one day is DOUBLE my food intake.

Averages. But you don't KNOW if you have a good average if you are only tracking good days.

Track the bad days- even if it's not 100% accurate it gives you an idea.

Also- if you KNOW you regularly over eat on the weekends- plan for it- bank some extra calories- go a to bed a little hungry one night- go work out one of those days and don't eat back the workout calories. PLAN for it if its' a regular thing- no harm no foul_ i do it every week- my BF is here only 2 days a week- we cook one day- and eat out the next- I always save up a little extra something something and review my net calories to see where I'm falling. It's totally do able. :)
  • Heirgreat
    Heirgreat Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    going through the same thing exactly, getting really frustrated, not going to daily wt anymore, just weekly and yes, cut out at least one alcoholic beverage on Saturday and snacking on Sunday, see if it helps, I think you are probably losing/gaining and I bet your new calorie intake is going to work too, keep on keeping on, we all struggle with this from time to time, it's so dang maddening!!
  • keshabbaker
    Options
    great advise this helps me not feel so bad and encouraging words help keep me motivated
  • keshabbaker
    Options
    Your welcome I think we all encourage each other and this is what makes it a life style change
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I am posting my success story today because I feeling a little discouraged I keep losing and gaining the same five pounds for the last month now. I have been doing terrible on the weekends with my eating and then during the week I do great and lose the 2-5 pounds I gained over the weekend. I need to stay focused and not let temptation get the best of me.
    *Well check out my Profile picture to see some of my results in the last four months.
    *I have only lost 15 pounds but I think I have lost more inches then anything.
    *The bottom two pictures are Jan. 27th 2014 top picture is April 27th the middle picture picture are March 27th.
    You have defiantly lost a lot of inches. Did you use a tape measure on yourself to keep track? Its more trustworthy than the scale. Don't worry about a bad day here and there, Just refocus on the success you have had so far and let that motivate you. Way to go!
  • I am the same way. On Sunday I weighed 155 in the morning before eating/drinking anything, today I woke up and weighed 148 before eating/drinking. It's easy for me to gain weight, but easy for me to lose it if I stay on track. Maybe if you allow yourself a cheat day every other week instead of every weekend, you may be happier with your weight? Good luck!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!