My New Motivation!

Options
As I seem to be gaining and losing the sample few lb over the last month or so I decided I needed something to motivate me more.

I have started logging at weekends (which I didn't before) and...

...made a spreadsheet!!!!!

Bit sad but have started it from last week and it works out average calories a week in, average exercise out and then it works out a total when taking into account half of exercise cals. I am also doing a running average of daily cals from now on. So in a months time, I will know my average daily consumption for the month/year/whatever.

I am hoping this will give me a longer term view of how I am doing eating wise as I do tend to get overly miffed at myself if I go over, even if its just into maintainance!

Replies

• scrapbooklady
    scrapbooklady Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Sounds interesting. Should give you some good info. Do you mind sharing? I am in the same boat, same 5 lbs. gained and lost for many months now. Need to try something new!
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I love seeing progress in spreadsheet or graph format.

Have you used the Report Section on MFP - I didn't notice it for months.

Anyway - you can see a number of charts for the last week, 30 & 90 days.

A favorite of mine is the minutes exercised, but today I was exploring my protein consumption vs fat & carbs. I found out I eat way too much fat and perhaps not enough protein.
  • bunnypanther
    bunnypanther Posts: 110
    Options
    Oooh!! Hadn't seen the reports thing! That is definately most helpful :D seems to show a little tumble off the wagon of late so that explains a lot!!!

I've just done a spreadsheet in excel. Weekly blocks, with consumed and exercise (entered from what I've logged), then at the bottom an average for each for the week, then another bit that works out average consumed minus 50% of average exercise. Then another sheet with the averages of the weekly averages (if that makes sense!)