Things you can't stop eating

Options
2»

Replies

• chunkybunkylady
    chunkybunkylady Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My addictions are breads and cake type sweets (madeleines, doughnuts, panacakes, or just cakes in general). I just have to have a sweet daily. :( I am just starting my weight loss and healthy living journey... its a struggle. Any ideas for healthier options?
  • jeccawest91
    jeccawest91 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    My addictions are breads and cake type sweets (madeleines, doughnuts, panacakes, or just cakes in general). I just have to have a sweet daily. :( I am just starting my weight loss and healthy living journey... its a struggle. Any ideas for healthier options?

Omg, this right here. I have not found any alternatives. The only thing I found that would benefit me is to completely quit them. I did not quit bread (sandwiches, rolls with dinner, etc) but I have said my goodbye to baked goods. Its been a week and a half and I do not have the constant craving for them any more and have even passed up some temptations! (especially the raspberry coffee cake a coworker brought in)

And if you want, treat yourself every once in a while. (I had 4 girl scout thin mint cookies as my "good job" reward last week!)
  • emilyrichter0409
    emilyrichter0409 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Starbucks Caramel Macchiato. I cannot live without it
  • abbrooks23
    abbrooks23 Posts: 1
    Options
    Anything that's sweet..I sit across a snack shelf at work full of candy and salty snacks. Its hard to avoid but I'm keeping my promise to myself and my body lol!!!
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Cupcakes.
  • roxywho42
    roxywho42 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    According to quite a few studies the answer is yes. My nutritionist showed me a study that said that McDonald's with it's combination of grease and easy carbs can literally be just as addicting as drugs or alcohol. I have never read a study about doughnuts specifically, but I can only imagine that they would be as bad, if not worse, than McD's. As well as being a chubby (formerly fat) person trying to get fit, I am also an ex-smoker. I can tell you that for me at least, the cigarettes were easier to quit. I find it easiest to just go cold turkey (as I did with the smokes), no doughnuts, no white bread, no candy other than very dark (85%) chocolate.