Help wanted: menu selection

Options
Hey all - I'm going out on Saturday for a "girls night out" with some friends. We are going to Pyramid Alehouse for dinner before drinks and dancing.

I need some advice on what to get off this menu that would be the healthiest option.... Thoughts?

Here's the menu: http://www.pyramidbrew.com/alehouses/walnut-creek/menu/

Replies

• MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I'd go with either the Southwest Chicken salad or Pork Loin - both sound healthy and yummy!

To make the salad a bit lighter, ask for no tortilla strips and dressing on the side.

If you go with the pork - not sure how many calories in polenta but maybe only eat part of it.
  • vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member
    Options
    First off, enjoy yourself. If you are a little over on calories make sure you dance your *kitten* off afterwards to make up for it! As far as the menu, I'd get either the pork loin or the salmon with a salad (get whatever low cal dressing they have). As far as drinks go, if you like beer I'd at least get one of their beers because they all sound amazing but then after that I'd switch to liquor mixed in zero calorie mixer. Vodka tonic, rum and diet soda, stuff like that will have the lowest calories per drink. If you like wine go red. Again, remember to enjoy yourself! Don't let diet dictate your life, let your life dictate you diet!
  • DrJenO
    DrJenO Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I like a good Cobb salad. I usually ask for the cheese on the side (and the dressing, obviously).

Agree w/ above poster about leaving tortilla strips off the other one. I'm always wary of anything other than grilled meat on a salad - you never know how much sugar is in those marinades.

The pork loin would be good, but I'd ask for double veggies and skip the polenta. It probably has a lot of butter. Also you could asked for the veggies to be steamed.

Blackened salmon - the fingerling potatoes should be okay, depending on how much oil/butter is on them.

A burger can be a surprisingly good choice, esp if you leave off the bun and cheese.

Yeah, just noticed those veggies were sauteed in butter. I think you are going to be better off w/ a salad.
  • mrsmarit
    mrsmarit Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Hey all - I'm going out on Saturday for a "girls night out" with some friends. We are going to Pyramid Alehouse for dinner before drinks and dancing.

I need some advice on what to get off this menu that would be the healthiest option.... Thoughts?

Here's the menu: http://www.pyramidbrew.com/alehouses/walnut-creek/menu/

I would go with either

Grilled Salmon Blt
    grilled salmon, peppered bacon, sliced tomatoes, lettuce, and lemon aioli - minus the aioli

or

Roast Turkey
    peppered bacon, mized greens, red onion, tomato, avocado and citrus aioli on whole wheat bun - again minus the aioli

Also see if you can substitute a side salad for the fries
  • Luvs_Rage_Phish
    Luvs_Rage_Phish Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input everyone. Thinking I might go with the pork, sub polenta for extra veggies and steam the veggies/no oil.